1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dirtys help me im dumb thread

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dirty Girl, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

pretty pink laptop question #284469:
    ok so like I had this game installed on my computer, and it had a shortcut on my desktop. I uninstalled the game but I cant get the shortcut to delete. Did I fuck up by uninstalling the program first? how do I get rid of the shortcut?
    the message says: "this is no longer in c:// blah blah blah. verify items location and try again".

WHAT DO I DO?:confused:

2. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

right click, delete?

3. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

press the delete button on your computer.

[​IMG]

4. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

ok im not that dumb.
    thats what im saying, that doesnt work, it gives me-- "cant find this item. this is no longer in c:// blah/ blah/ blah. verify items location and try again".

I pressed shift delete too, and that didnt work either.

5. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

6. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

loflll @ the tag 'breathing lessons'

7. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

8. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

it's a mean tag

9. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

HELP AGAIN

so I wanted to hook my laptop up to the tv to watch movies on it.
    my laptop has an SVideo thingy. I went and bought the cable. my tv has absolutely NOWHERE to plug anything into it except the regular old tv cable (its a reg old RCA box shaped tv, not some fancy flatscreen deal).
    the only things that have svideo slots are the rogers digital cable box and the dvd player. I tried that but it didnt work and according to my googling its cause they would both be outputs. its talking about some other connector thing (i dont know what its talking about tho it just says connector and doesnt give it a real name) that you can get to plug the svideo into the tv. but like i said there is no bloody slots on the tv.
    my dvd player plays thru vcr by those red and yellow audio/video cables. is there a thing I can get to plug the svideo into that has audio/video plugs on the other end and run it thru the vcr same as the dvd player?
    help make it work. what do i do? what do i buy? :(

10. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

[​IMG]

svideo to RCA : for video

[​IMG]

headphone to RCA : for audio

Assuming your VCR has RCA inputs

ie:
    [​IMG]

though it might be easier to just get a new tv.

11. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

^ i was gonna rush off to walmart to buy one if it wouldnt work lol.

the first cable, I do I need that AND the svideo I already have (like the one I already have plugs into that), or do i just need that?
    fucking salespeople man, they are fucking useless. he better take it back since i opened it.

12. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

the first one goes from the svideo out of your pc to an rca port on your whatever. you might need an extension cable too to make it reach. it will not send audio though which is why yuo need the other one too if you want the audio to come out of your tv

i think your laptop has an hdmi port though (correct me if im wrong) so if you get a new tv with hdmi input you can just get an hdmi cable. plug it in, and be done wiht it. its the easiest solution .... though wont work with your current tv.

13. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

youre my fav nerd raj!! :p
    you know if Id just looked at the shit and picked it out myself i would of got the right thing (minus the audio part), but noooo i had to ask the stupid man for help and ended up with the wrong thing.

thanku

14. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

np. everyone forgets the audio part.

15. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

fuck the people in that store are idiots.
    this better work and provide me with the amazing movie watching experience im expecting, all that shit ended up costing me 60 bones.
    bastard probably picked out the most expensive fucking brand of cables in there.

16. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

I hope they aren't Monster cables.

17. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

aye. 60 bones sounds like a lot for outdated cables/adapters. i would have personally saved that cash to invest in a new HDTV tv or something considering you can get them pretty cheap now (32" for well under $500, etc) ... which is basically the money she saved when buying that dell instead of a mac

18. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

what does a ".rar" file mean.
    how do i make not be a .rar file so i cant i can make it play. it wont play, and its a tribe set so its not some creepy virus or something. :(

19. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

20. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

yeh thats what i suspected :p
    danke!

21. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

ok so say i like downloaded all this stuff off of youtube by using realplayer...
    can i change the files somehow so that they become wmp playable files instead?
    also if i plug my ipod thing in, the youtube realplayer files will play on it right ?
    also can i use my wmp to take things off youtube like I did with the realplayer?

22. workdowntown

workdowntown TRIBE Member

No.

No your ipod won't play those.

WMP doesn't rip youtube videos the way realplayer does.

Any other questions, go here lmgtfy.com

23. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

ok so our power went out last night, and after my screen went all screwy and now i cant get it back to normal. Its like its not the right size anymore, its kinda blurry and its like its too horizontal and not enough vertical. I have been to Control Panel/Appearance and changed it to every possible resolution, none of them look right. Its like I need to put in between 2 of them to make it right. I could swear i had it on the lowest resolution before, but now that makes it all super huge like when im watching movies thru the tv. The second resolution is the best, but its not right. fix it.
    anyone anyone bueller ??

24. workdowntown

workdowntown TRIBE Member

What make and model is your computer?

25. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

it is a dell inspiron 1525. and its pink. with vista.