• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Direct Beat Radio ...... resurrected. 2004

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
sd_cm.jpg

Direct Beat Radio - Tune into the Direct Beat of techno with two of Toronto's fastest rising techno dj's. Curt Martin and Stewart Douglas have been rocking crowds all over Ontario with their eclectic blend of techno,techhouse and ghetto-tech sounds, filtering out the watered-down noise to bring the listener on a proper journey of techno music. Their slick sets and various mixes circulating throughout the province have garnered them accolades from the likes of heavyweght dj/producers Greg Gow,Kenny Glasgow, and hundreds of fans alike. So tune into Direct Beat on www.djshows.com to hear what all the hype is about.

[respect] Originating from www.beats.to , i promised the show must go on, and it has.... check it!!

where? : www.djshows.com

when? : Thursdays 8pm -10 pm

who? : Stewart Douglas/ Curt Martin with special guests!

why? : the love - techno.

decsription: all things techno. ALL.

respects: Migzzz, Eric Lork/Hubert,Rian Torrance, dj guests and LISTENERS.

db_logo_2.jpg

We will be broadcasting live and direct... no stops..no restarts... and yet drunken and humourous MIC'n , FULL OUT TECHNO.... and when the djshows studio is complete and ready to go and you wanna guest, feel free to hit me up... it'll be a bit or so....

(i remember the past guests who never did!)

always an archive with always a tracklist....

respect,

Direct Beat Radio
www.djshows.com

comments,shoutouts and requests or wanna hear your vocode on air, hit us @ directbeatradio@yahoo.com !!

Last edited:

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Word to this!

Glad to hear you'll be killing us with more drunken techno boyz.

I'll continue to hold Curt's tshirt hostage until I get an invite ;)

odbx

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tekno princess

TRIBE Member
it's about fuckin' time...

:D

I'd like to see some of the track listings from your beats.to days: there's definitely a few sets that I *must* have.... ;)

erk

TRIBE Member
Curt & Doug takin' to the netwaves again. Good to hear/see. Keep pumpin' it out boys, it's always a pleasure to listen to you.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by d.code
dj shows is back for the .. what 4th? 5th time?

yah hater huh?

wanna hate and parade house boy... ?

someone run over your cat today?

info: djshows has prolonged about 6 years now..... think they make money off this shit?? like your freetechno pal, this is done for the love.... take your hate elsewhere Tyler.

ez,

sd.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Re: it's about fuckin' time...

Originally posted by tekno princess
:D

I'd like to see some of the track listings from your beats.to days: there's definitely a few sets that I *must* have.... ;)

hey jenny, thanks for the support :)

feel free to glaze through our catologue, and get to me.... ill rip yah a show to cd :)

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=30537

P.S : Parallel G will be played tonight, along with your pom pom track :D

stotheBLUEd.

tekno princess

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: it's about fuckin' time...

Originally posted by tEkKiD
hey jenny, thanks for the support :)

feel free to glaze through our catologue, and get to me.... ill rip yah a show to cd :)

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=30537

P.S : Parallel G will be played tonight, along with your pom pom track :D

stotheBLUEd.
I don't want to overwhelm u all at once StewieD, so I'll take shows 3, 5 & 7 for now...
(I've only browsed through the first 7 tracklistings) :p

yay for rachmad and pom pom, but don't forget the heiko, dude...

;)

d.code

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
yah hater huh?

wanna hate and parade house boy... ?

someone run over your cat today?

info: djshows has prolonged about 6 years now..... think they make money off this shit?? like your freetechno pal, this is done for the love.... take your hate elsewhere Tyler.

ez,

sd.

Its not hate man- its fear...
ive never been affraid for my life playing a show before. Or having to watch my vinyl cafefully while I spin so that more dosnt just 'disapere'.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Hey Stew

Did not get a chance to talk w/you last night, wanted to say you did good, when you were on you were bang on fuking it up and everything, few times you fell off but mostly you held it togeather, and you played for a while eh?

I still am feeling like techno is to much for me these days, i like the more tech-house and minaml - but well - oh well

well tonight my show is on djshows.com i even got a web cam to ;) wish me luck back on-line !!

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
sorry to hear that...

Originally posted by d.code
Its not hate man- its fear...
ive never been affraid for my life playing a show before. Or having to watch my vinyl cafefully while I spin so that more dosnt just 'disapere'.

Ha ha ha ha
LOL

Your fucking funny dude...

Affraid!!!!!!

LMAO

COme on dude.... Vinyl always goes missing, no matter where you spin....

Sorry to hear that some of your vinyl was missing in the old and past studios, but you of all people know the amount of Traffic we attracted in our studios...
Shit.. We should of just been a night club our lounge, with the high volume of traffic that was present...

Cheers,

MiGzzz

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
^^^^I think you should probably check the THUGS at the door. I know if anyone punked me off They'd have my boot shoved so far up their ass. Theivery is bullshit. I'll take the thugs outside for a "SMILEY" on the curb.

that'll learn em.

....as for the show, I can't wait to hear Doug and curt playing live again. They are so fun to listen to on the mic.

L-T

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
It's all love jeff. I couldn't hurt a flea. I guess I was exaggerating a bit. I know I wouldn't want people stealing the things I work really hard for. It's like their skipping the middle man. But I guess shit happens, and we need to deal with it like a grain of salt.....................

How's this sound instead........I would take the thugs and push them gently down the stairs....

Im so full of PLUR right now.

Originally posted by dj_jeffpayne
I still love ya though. :)
:D :p

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
that's the Lionel I know! I thought I'd lost yeah....phew. Alright this is gay.

As for Direct Beat, wicked to see it back up and runnin'. Way to go boys.

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Buddy Holly
^^^^I think you should probably check the THUGS at the door. I know if anyone punked me off They'd have my boot shoved so far up their ass. Theivery is bullshit. I'll take the thugs outside for a "SMILEY" on the curb.

that'll learn em.

....as for the show, I can't wait to hear Doug and curt playing live again. They are so fun to listen to on the mic.

L-T

Buddy Holly,

THUGS... that is the PAST...
Trust me :)

I too feel bad about D.Code loosing shit from our studio, but shit happens. I too have lost a few items...but one thing i can't stand is when people talk shit about other TINGS :mad:

Serious!

It sounds like you've been to the old studio???
which one??

Cheers,

migzzz

Last edited:

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
^^No Worries. Im sure you guys are running things perfectly there. I was just commenting on Tyler's experience thats all.

.............When is the first show DOUG????..............

Eagerly waiting.

L-T