• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dinners gone wrong!

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
yeah... in a brilliant move of epicurean engineering, my mom used Five Alive in her Chicken stew. Recipe called for Orange Juice.

I anticipate an odd tasting dinner.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
It's actually more like Orange Drink. It's got a higher sugar content.. I've a feeling that under normal circumstances, orange would add more than just flavour, as it is more acidic, and less sugary.

My mom's done worse before.

Used mint toothpicks to hold pineapple slices in place on a large ham.
that one... was really funny.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
mozzarella sticks are battered and fried....not just cheese rolled in shake and bake and thrown into the oven for 20 mins, doh!

what 10 yr old is supposed to know this?

enjoy your cheese puddle appetizer.

(years later, this escapade will be the inspiration for the 14" cookie dough pizza)

Soulster

TRIBE Member
but.... but five alive is mostly sugar and water and artificial flavours! there's not a whole lot of *real* juice in it. i suspect it'll give it a pretty weird taste.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I can tell you I make a mean chili, but lurker can testify to one time I made a batch and completely forgot about it - 3hrs of simmering later I discovered it on the stove, completely solidified in the skillet. thank god for no stick!

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
but.... but five alive is mostly sugar and water and artificial flavours! there's not a whole lot of *real* juice in it. i suspect it'll give it a pretty weird taste.
actually no five alive is pretty much solid juice. I happen to have a can right here by coincidence:

Ingredients: Filtered Water, Fruit Juices From Concentrate (Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Tangerine and Lime), Sugar/Glucose-Fructose, Concentrated Water Extract of Orange, Citric Acid (Controls tartness), Natural Flavour.

So yeah it will probably be ok just a little tart.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
My Pizza Record:

Number of Ruined Pizzas: 3
Number of Successful Pizzas: 3

The next one could go either way.

there's another one my mom goofed.
actually... in that case, the pizza turned out amazing. Unfortunately, we never got to eat it, as my mom dropped the thing in the sink.
I was sooo pissed. I spent 15min working that fucking dough into a perfect thin crust.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
The Tesseract said:
Used mint toothpicks to hold pineapple slices in place on a large ham.
that one... was really funny.

I accidently bought mint toothpicks. I was making wraps (flour tortillas) and holding them together with tootpicks for my lunch (so they wouldnt' fall apart in the packing and transport) I couldnt figure out why I didn't enjoy eating my sandwhiches and thought they tasted odd..

realized a couple months later the tootpicks were mint and the mint taste was bleeding from the pick into the tortilla.. eww. gross taste when combined with cheese and mayo and lettuce

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I can tell you I make a mean chili, but lurker can testify to one time I made a batch and completely forgot about it - 3hrs of simmering later I discovered it on the stove, completely solidified in the skillet. thank god for no stick!
Ha! I remember that. The solidified "klump" of chili fell right out of the pan! It was an awesome display of no-stick.

That being said, Skipper does make a really good chili

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
rice is easy to cook but every so often I have a rice catastrophe.. last time I dont' know what happened it was taking so long to cook so I took the lid off and stirred it some and turned the heat up.. it turne into a gross starchy mess. I still tried to eat some but it was nasty.. I tossed the entire pots worth out.. and then had salad

lucky1

TRIBE Member
with rice the best thing is too just set it up.. then leave it be to cook on its own.. no peaking even!

rhyss

TRIBE Member
The Tesseract said:
Rice is the only thing i can't cook.
:(
ya - it's hit or miss for me too.

What about the "I want Indian but I will order pizza instead" disaster. Pineapple, parm sauce, bruschetta mix, italian sausage, mushrooms and goat cheese....with jalapeno dipping sauce...*shutter*

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
have you ever laughed at the direction on most frozen pizza boxes that reads "remove cardboard disk before placing on oven rack" and wondered what idiot would actually put the cardboard in the oven with the pizza? my dad is not allowed to to make frozen pizza anymore.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
nikki.classics said:
have you ever laughed at the direction on most frozen pizza boxes that reads "remove cardboard disk before placing on oven rack" and wondered what idiot would actually put the cardboard in the oven with the pizza? my dad is not allowed to to make frozen pizza anymore.
lol i knw someone who left the pizza in the plastic...

joey

TRIBE Member
i did that once too....

i had a friend who ordered pizza one day and a few hours later wanted to he-heat it so we put it in the oven. While it was still in the cardboard box......
ya thats a fire

mingster

TRIBE Member
i fucked up rice tonight. it's weird brown harvest rice! so it's not my fault.

in this case a dinner gone wrong for me, is a dinner gone right for my dog.