• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dim Sum Festival

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
At first when I was an ad for this I got uber excited. But when I went to go check out the site www.harbourfront.com I found out what the real deal was. It's an asian festival with music and art and some food cooking demos. Kid Koala and Jin (that rapper that won a bunch of freestyle competition on BET). Might check it out. They should have carts with dim sum being pushed around... but I doubt that will happen.

deevah

TRIBE Member
Northern Delight
Lakeside Terrace
Sunday July 24th
2:30 pm
Chinese Traditional Buns restaurant demonstrates Gao Bu Li steamed buns and Northern dumplings

go check this out

their food is excellent - very traditional northern chinese food

hmmm...surprised Wayson Choy isn't making an appearance

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Very deceiving. It's like they just picked anything Chinese when they were thinking of a name for the festival.

"Dim sum is Chinese, so let's call it the Dim Sum Festival!"

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I am the Site Decor Coordinator.

Been on this project for almost a year now.

I can't wait for this to be over so I can drink my ass off at the open bar reception.

And there will be plenty of booze because Asians can't drink. More for me!

See you all there at Kid Koala!

And thanks to Shannon for her technical expertise. I designed the stage backdrops, she painted them!

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo

I can't wait for this to be over so I can drink my ass off at the open bar reception.

And there will be plenty of booze because Asians can't drink. More for me!

asian boys like white girls, bring me, I can drink!! ;)

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo

And thanks to Shannon for her technical expertise. I designed the stage backdrops, she painted them!

wow. that was mind numbingly boring. thanks for the job B.

and if anyone's going to the reception it's me. I didn't see any of you bent over a hundred yards of red fabric for ten hours did I?

yey kid koala!