1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Digital.

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Bacchus, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

Future was awesome.

Walked in, and pretty much the whole 19+ party was rollin' face. I didn't expect that much rave from the crowd, but it was pretty fucking rave. It died down after the alcohol ended, no doubt - but there were lots who stayed late.

Calvin Harris was better then expected. I wouldn't say i dind't enjoy it, as he played harder more driving remixes of his tunes - stuff made for club, not for radio.

Laidback Luke was mental. Great house music, tonnes of screeching acid lines, and even some hard tech trance. He had some technical difficulties earlier on, but once they were sorted he kept it going strong.

Fake Blood was awesome as I expected. Tune after tune. played some chiller stuff near the end of his set. the techier sound that you may have heard in his "afterparty" 2nd half of the essential mix.

Toddla T was cool, but mostly drum and bass. I didn't stay there long, as there was too much MCing going on. (Although, since i posted this review in my blog, i've learned todla didn't make it across..so maybe that was martyn?)

I didn't stay long enough for nero to enjoy him. When i was in that room, he was playing straight up techno. nothing dubby at all, Maybe i didn't stay around there long enough - or maybe he didn't show...i dunno. It just didnt sound like the nero i've heard.

2. 318

318 TRIBE Member

I went to check out Aeroplane. I really liked their remix of Grace Jone's William's blood. They were also tipped by mixmag as the top breakthrough DJs of 2009. Their set was pretty good. Great Italo disco: their own mix of Friendly Fire's Paris, Hall & Oates'I can't go for that, Tensnake etc.. Too bad there was no disco fan in attendence (maybe that is why they only played for an hour). At the peak, the room had maybe 15 people on the dance floor!! Otherwise, it was a great party. Great crowd, well organized, great sound system (It was my first time at Sound Academy for a dance event)

3. billy

billy TRIBE Member

it was his laptop. not sure of the cause but it turned off.

4. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Nope, that was def TT...saw him go on after Marcus.

I wish I had more time to truly enjoy this jam, but alas work beckoned early Sunday morning so I just stayed around long enough to enjoy a bit of the madness courtesy of Annie Mac & Calvin Harris.

I heard the rest of the night was even nuttier...and ravilicious:p

5. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

fack so wanted to go to this.

6. REMI XO

REMI XO TRIBE Member

I went.

Had alota fun.

Toddla T was good.

we need some mo girlz in here
    we need some mo girlz in here

Too many man too many many men
    Too many man too many many men

LOL awesome
    tell it like it is DJ

7. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Yup, TT knows how to deliver some solid variety in his sets...when he was @ Mod last year with Rusko I thought he did a bang up job!

Can't wait for next month's Digital...Major Lazer, Sinden & Drop The Lime :D

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Yup, TT knows how to deliver some solid variety in his sets...when he was @ Mod last year with Rusko I thought he did a bang up job!

Can't wait for next month's Digital...Major Lazer, Sinden & Drop The Lime :D