• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Digital Dreams 2014

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Maui

TRIBE Member
I can't really afford it right now, but might do Saturday to catch Danny, and cause my friends are going both days. But really, there aren't many on the bill that interest me. But it's a good party with thousands of hot people dancing in the sun which is always fun.

Maui

TRIBE Member
I'm out. I dun feel like spending $150 to see one dj I like when there are tons of pride parties that weekend for free and I can put that money to better use getting severely intoxicated. :D

Have fun.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I'm out. I dun feel like spending $150 to see one dj I like when there are tons of pride parties that weekend for free and I can put that money to better use getting severely intoxicated. :D

Have fun.

+1

another great weekend to get out of the city!

Primavera

TRIBE Member
LOL,

So me and one other person are going.

40,000 people each day and so few Tribers are going?

I know its a massively expensive corporate rave, but still a bit surprised.

I'm excited. I got my wristband, added "cash" to it, should be interesting nonetheless.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Most of my fb friends, who don't even listen nor really care about dance music is somehow going to this festival. Good for the ticket sales! yaay.

Not my cup of tea, after going out on Saturday night, I don't care to ever enter another Toronto dance bar/club/fake rave/event.

I look forward to Eclipse festival with happier people and better music.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I was having dinner on the patio at Fresh on Spadina last week and these 2 overly loud ("Like OMG!") chicks were sitting at the table next to me.

Chick 1 " Like OMG!!!! Digital Dreams is next week!!!"
Chick 2 "Like I got my ticket and now like I have to go to the gym!"
Chick 1 " What are you wearing?"
Chick 2 "OMG! Like you remember that time I wore Toms to that party way before anyone was wearing Toms?! Well...yada yada yada"

I tuned them out after that.

But for me, that short overheard conversation, like a haiku, sums up the entire EDM scene perfectly.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
bro, the drop was so dope

over and over, then he pissed on my face and rubbed his check on my face, it was so dope
his skills were so dope he didnt even have to use them, he spent the whole time coked out watching himself in the giant screen

so glad i used my rents visa to pay 2 bones for them to treat us like cattle, it was so damn dope, my parents are going to love this on their credit card when i move back in....fuckers wouldnt even let me use their range rover after i crashed the last one....ugh

this will loook so good on tic tak toe playboard :im a loser:

Last edited:

Maui

TRIBE Member
Can I join you?

Certainly.

Oddly enough most my gay friends have moved out of the city. I hate going to these things solo cause I'm like a flame to a moth to these guys. I was thinking about throwing on a wedding band before I head out. lol.

Seriously though, I had to bust out of the Frankie Knuckles party a couple years ago cause it was too much. Like is that really what girls have to put up with when they go out?

Maui

TRIBE Member
What happened Saturday night?

I like that lineup on Canada Day for Electric Island.

Considering this one as well. Crazy that it's on the tuesday, so strange, I guess everyone has to work Monday and gets tuesday off.... weird. My dentist tried to reschedule me for Monday, and I was like are you serious I think I'll be indisposed one way or another.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I don't think you guise should go so hard on it. I mean Danny Tenaglia is a draw for sure. But I think the first Digital Dreams was the best one. Moving forward. It just seems like times change overall..

It seems like tribers are just EDM'ing their phone excuse in, rather than actually hitting it up. Because there actually is something for everyone there. Indeed.

Just saying. I can't afford to pay that to see a couple splendid DJ's this time around, so i'm out. I'd toally love to film it though. Good times.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i'll be there, both days/nights. i've never seen danny tenaglia play a large outdoor crowd like this, so i'm looking forward to that most of all.

can't wait!

acheron

TRIBE Member
does anyone know the set times?

I'll be going down to shoot this as media on Saturday. Gonna be a long day!