• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Digital Camera Help!!!!

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I am the proud new owner of a Canon PowerShot A80 digital camera. I bought a 256 MB card for it so that I could take more pictures at a time with the camera set to it's largest resoultion.

I'm having trouble with the files now, they are all approximately 2 MB in size.

Is there an image editor out there that will convert all of the files to a smaller size/format so that they will be smaller to email them to my friends?

Kyle

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Yeah ther are a bunch, some programs blur the pictures when you resize them though, well shitty ones anyways. I know i'm not alot of help but that's what you get. Go out and invest in a good photo editor, it's well worth the money.

exergo

TRIBE Member
why take them so large?

actually, cameras should build in a feature so that it can make 2 files, one optimized at 300 px wide for email, and one huge for print

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
In my opinion, the best image cataloger, editor, slideshow viewer, etc, is ThumbsPlus. It is prolly $70 US or something to buy, but it is SO worth it. You can prolly download a cracked copy, but it is so good that I honestly feel you should pay for it.

Cheers ... Ian :)

AVE

TRIBE Member
canons usually come with software that will resize your images for email.

if you have the software, use zoombrowser, rightclick on an image, click send using email, and then click on resize image.

easy peasy

ian

TRIBE Member
Almost every digital camera comes with software that will do this. Check your box that it came with. My software is actually better at it than photoshop!

-ian g.

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exergo
why take them so large?

actually, cameras should build in a feature so that it can make 2 files, one optimized at 300 px wide for email, and one huge for print
That is actually a really good idea.

-ian g.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sleepy Giant
I have ACDSee, but I can't figure out how to resize them as a batch.

K.
use the file browser in Acdsee to browse the folder that all of the image files are in.

click edit/select all images

then, when the images are selected, click tools/resize...

if you want to keep the originals, make sure that in the you set the resize option to rename the modifies files instead of overwriting. i think it is set to this by default.

supaster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exergo
why take them so large?

That's why you should buy a Pentax.