• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Diggers coming back?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Read on another board that he's playing at Kool Haus Mar 13, but I haven't heard about it anywhere else (Guv website, Digweed's site, and Collective). Anyways, just want to know if this is true.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I wish someone would find a way to get Digweed in System already.
I need to see that man play in a more intimate darker space.

organik

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
I wish someone would find a way to get Digweed in System already.
I need to see that man play in a more intimate darker space.

Yes... I'd definitely like to see that happen... imagine System re-grand opening with diggers headlining... how great would that be!

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by organik
Yes... I'd definitely like to see that happen... imagine System re-grand opening with diggers headlining... how great would that be!

Imagine the ticket price they'd have to charge in order for that to happen with Diggers headlining.... How great would that be?! :(

Cheers,
JK

Jon Tremblay

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by loopdokter
Imagine the ticket price they'd have to charge in order for that to happen with Diggers headlining.... How great would that be?! :(

Cheers,
JK

System is very reasonable for ticket prices, so I don't think that would be an issue at all.

HC_P

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by organik

hey does anyone know if he's playing Stereo the night before?

I think Digweed is playing the following week at Stereo. I thought I read the 21st or something, but I'm not 100%.

AL

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Jon Tremblay
System is very reasonable for ticket prices, so I don't think that would be an issue at all.

When someone's fee is like 15k USD and you can only ram 1500 into your club.... that will change.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
When someone's fee is like 15k USD and you can only ram 1500 into your club.... that will change.
So 1500 people X $10 US = $15,000 US. Problem solved.

So $15 Canadian seems like a reasonable ticket price to me.

Hell, charge $20 or $25 to make sure the place isn't completely rammed.

Special K

TRIBE Member
fuck i wish i could go to montreal that weekend

lawler 8 hour set @ aria on saturday
diggers @ stereo sunday night

:eek:

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
ooooooh yay! i shall be there.

AND in groundbreaking news, adrian (mr. anti-digweed) ENJOYED a digweed cd this past weekend. my work is done.

Viceroy

TRIBE Member
:( Man, I miss being in Buffalo even more now, knowing that I can't drive a short 1 hour drive to hear my fav. dj.

I just hope it returns to Hollywood sooner than later.
Peace,
Steve

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mandapanda
AND in groundbreaking news, adrian (mr. anti-digweed) ENJOYED a digweed cd this past weekend. my work is done.
In other words, the only way for me to enjoy Digweed is lying on the floor with a pillow. :p

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
So 1500 people X $10 US = $15,000 US. Problem solved.

So $15 Canadian seems like a reasonable ticket price to me.

Hell, charge $20 or $25 to make sure the place isn't completely rammed.

While in theory that works, they still have to pay bar staff, bouncers, other DJs, rent, etc.

I'd imagine seeing Diggers at System would cost at least $30. Probably more. Having a vague idea of what he charges, I'd imagine he's too expensive for System to be able to afford to bring him in without jacking the ticket price.

Ideally I'd like to see him there, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon unless he expresses an interest in playing to a smaller crowd. This isn't Heaven and he doesn't live down the road like he does in London...

Cheers,
JK

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
But all those things you outlined get paid from booze sales. And System sells a boatload of booze.

It's unfortunate that the big DJ's are pricing themselves so high that people really can't see them in a nice intimate venue.

Hopefully DJ's will price themselves so high that no one wants to book them anymore, but probably not. They'll pay, but won't go out for the next little while and miss out on supporting the up and comers.

Hmmm, the economics of DJing is beginning to sound a lot like...pro sports?