• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dieselboy September 10th for Child Find

Paul Who?

TRIBE Member
Saturday September 10th Child Find presents STAYIN' ALIVE 2005, a child find fundraiser...a lost child is everyone's responsibility.

Join Child find at the Odeon events centre for an unforgettable event running from Noon to Noon featuring...

DJ's:

DIESELBOY (USA)
The jungle scene has always been centered in Britain, leaving Americans to watch from afar, import the records, and spin occasionally (though rarely very well). Damian Higgins reversed the trends a little bit with his nation-trotting gigs and frequent mix albums released as Dieselboy. Born in Pennsylvania, Higgins began DJing during the early '90s and organized house parties in and around Philadelphia. By 1993, the sound of jungle had begun pumping up America as well as Britain, and Dieselboy made the switch to drum'n'bass. He DJed at jungle events all around America and helmed 1996's Suburban Base jump-up compilation Drum & Bass Selection USA. Another Sub Base mix album, 97 Octane, followed in 1997. Dieselboy's next two albums (A Soldier's Story, System Upgrade) appeared on Moonshine, the premier American mix label. In mid-1999, Higgins began his production career with a single ("Atlantic State") for the respected British concern Technical Itch Recordings, and another single, "Descent," followed later that year for Palm Pictures. Dieselboy's 2000 release, The 6ixth Session, combined a mix disc with a full one of productions. ~ John Bush, All Music Guide

Billy
Chakra khan
Hotbox
JADJ
Klensweep
Kyro
Paul Who?
Rasta
Teddy Ruxpin

Live Acts:
Ash
Jen Lane
Lyr-X-ists
North of Shorty
Reality Room
Sexually attracted to fire
Smoke Killer
Surface
The Break
Trigger and shake
Tyler Bradly

This is an all ages event and tickets can be purchased at ticket master NOW!!! www.ticketmaster.ca

Moez

TRIBE Member
OOH! I think I can even make it to this.

hmm... I don't really know anybody here though. blarg. always something!

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Dude like whaaaa? You're in S'toon. Fuck, by all means, come out to our events (not that this is my event, I just mean OUR events in general).

Moez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
I'll go with you.....after work of course.

:D

C'mon, just ask everyone who Paul Who is....
wait, you're Paul Who?

I am thinking it is becoming very likely that I will go :)

I am moving to Saskatoon for school September so you'll probably see my silly mug around a lot!

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
^^^ Nice dude...aren't you from TO, though?

Anyways, all of us dudes on here throw events, so we'll def get you out to shake 'em down. We're in talks with Shiloh right now...which would be SICK!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Moez
wait, you're Paul Who?
Nope, I'm Mark "Eclectic".

But Paul Who will be at the show and most people know who that loud mouthed bastitch is....so they can point you towards him.

I'm working till 2:30 that night just down the street and will probably make it there around 3am.

:D

Moez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chicago Kid
^^^ Nice dude...aren't you from TO, though?

Anyways, all of us dudes on here throw events, so we'll def get you out to shake 'em down. We're in talks with Shiloh right now...which would be SICK!
I'm originally from Moose Jaw :)

is there a Saskatoon message board to keep updated about events?

Originally posted by Chicago Kid

i'll hold you to that ;) I will definitely need to be shown around. I know very few people in saskatoon and could use all the help I can get!

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
We'll for sure get you out and introduce you to the heads. I run 3feetdeep, with my two buddies and while we don't have a website up yet, we do have a pretty extensive e-mail list that we hit people up with when we throw events or there's other shit going on.

3feetdeep at mail . com (send us an e-mail with your info and we can add ya to the list).

Also, Paul does a radio show every Thursday night on CFCR 90.5 and usually gives a good rundown of what's taking place around the city/province.

Also, if you want, there's a board based out of Regina called raversnet.com that a lot of people from here frequent.

Anyways, PM me when you get into town...my crew has some loungey-type house/breaks nights coming up. Ciao,

Chris :cool:

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Dude, you better be coming up to Connect......

I didn't blow a tire on the highway for nothing!

Speaking of that, I should go get it replaced.....

Paul Who?

TRIBE Member
This party will be off the hook...

now to answer all these posts.

First, I 'm not a loud mouth, i've been given the gift of the gab...after a few beers that is.

Second, Chris you are a major pussy for not coming to connect, and apparently attending great parties isn't your thing:p

Third, come to this show on Sept. 10th!!!

Moez

TRIBE Member
so i can't go but will definitely be keeping updated with events.

you'll be seeing my face out and about in the coming months.

Moez

TRIBE Member
i get into town the first week of September but I will definitely take you up on those beers when i arrive ;)

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Excellent.

Now, back to Dieselboy talk.

This should be a good time.

Luckily the man doesn't get on till 3 which would be around the time I finish work so I'm just headed down the road!

Woooooohoo!