1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Didn't Harper look shifty and dishonest on those year-end interviews?

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by alexd, Dec 26, 2013.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I watched one of those year end interviews with Harper at my friend's place last night while I was cleaning his computer from malicious software his kids must inadvertently have installed. Harper sure looked shifty and at times almost beaten, even when not answering questions about the Senate scandal, and the $90,000 payout.

He just looked like he wasn't telling the truth.

I guess you would have to be a party member to believe anything he says these days, but if those year end interviews organized to prop up his image, they probably are going to make matters worse, if anybody happened to watch one.

2. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

he's always looked shifty and dishonest to me...

3. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

To me too, but now his shiftiness is truly glaring.

4. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

what's even more disgusting about ^, is that i can't find anything about it on a single Canadian News outlet.
    What The Fuck is wrong with them ?

6. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

awesome article, but there is zero to back up the claim just some blogger saying it happened

that may be the reason no one else has reported on it. are you drinking the watchers kool aid?

7. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  8. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

9. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

the fifth estate is back on Friday night with Silence of the Labs.

In the past few years, the federal government has cut funding to hundreds of renowned research institutes and programs. Ottawa has dismissed more than 2,000 federal scientists and researchers and has drastically cut or ended programs that monitored smoke stack emissions, food inspections, oil spills, water quality and climate change.

Now some scientists have become unlikely radicals, denouncing what they call is a politically-driven war on knowledge. In Silence of the Labs, Linden MacIntyre tells the story of scientists - and what is at stake for Canadians - from Nova Scotia to the B.C. Pacific Coast to the far Arctic Circle.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152089143044407
    Silence Of The Labs airs Friday January 10th on CBC Television.

10. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

but on the upside...

“Certainly we are world leaders when it comes to open data. I don’t think there’s any government that I’m aware of that can point to the amount of data sets we have available.”

Conservatives want app developers mining federal data - Latest Hamilton news - CBC Hamilton

Conservative MP Peter Braid says extreme weather and climate change linked - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News
    and i don't know what to make of ^ this ... either it's a new strategy for the election, or he'll be fired by friday.

12. Elemento

Elemento TRIBE Member

this is the type of scene that one encounters when the country is run by wannabe cons. can't expect anything else from these laggards but blood sucking. it is sad to find these types of snakes at all levels. gotta make the dough to keep rolling. watcha expect from these champs. cheer it up for the hydra and the fantastic creatures of the greece's mythology.