• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

did you fuck up?

jebac

TRIBE Member
honestly, lets be brutally honest with each other here. have you fucked up? i mean, looking back, did you make a wrong turn somewhere? do you still have hope for the future? are you where you want to be in life? are you where you envisioned yourself 5-10 years ago?

come on, lets spill the beans here. just do it. do it. ... do it.

me, yes and no. im where i want to be execept not to the degree at which i wanted. good thing tho is im going at a really fast pace and not only catching up to where i want to be but if i continue like this ill get right "on track"

-jebac

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
until a few days ago, yeah, Im sure I fucked up.
I have two cousin doctors. they are featured on some emergency room show on OLN or something.
anyway, Ive since had a terrific job come up, that I think I'll get. so Im happy.
my job now is fine too I suppose. but Im no fucking doctor.

Moez

TRIBE Member
I totally fucked up. I chose to go to the f'in Glenn Gould Professional School of music instead of the University of Toronto. Big mistake and now I am paying for it. ah well.... at least I still progressed in my singing, met awesome people, and had a wonderful teacher.

I am just a few years behind where I should be. live and learn.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i don't regret a single thing I've done in my life. It's a wast of time and energy to worry about the past. Right now I'm just focusing on the present and the future.

that being said, if I could go back, there is only 1 think I would do differently. I would have NOT taken television broadcasting in school :p

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
haha.
I took audio engineering!
what the FUCK was I thinking?
although Im very happy to have that education, but wow. talk about throwing an anchor on your earning potential. Im caught up now.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Taro

TRIBE Member
I've made some big mistakes in the last 5 years, but I've also really opened up a lot of doors. To a large degree, I think I've fallen 'off track', but I've also got more on my plate than most (and I cope with less resources, materialistically and socially), so its hard to say.

One of hte biggest things I regret is losing touch with a prof that got me doing film work when I started university. Over the years, we just grew apart and I was too busy doing other things. It was a great opportunity for the several years that we worked together though.

I like this thread ..

TRO

TRIBE Member
I got suckered back to working at my second job last week...

then last night working there I got a call to work somewhere else...

so I left...

about 20 minutes later...I called my *new* boss from the job I had just left and said I was sick and hung up on him

I totally burned a bridge...I wish I would be able to expand more on all this but maybe another time

noodle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
i don't regret a single thing I've done in my life. It's a wast of time and energy to worry about the past. Right now I'm just focusing on the present and the future.
This how I feel about the *important* decisions I've made.

We all fuck up from time to time. The key is to realize that you did indeed fuck up and to be accountable for your actions. By doing this, you are able to move forward with a clearer conscience and carry with you the lessons learned in order to make your life the best it possibly can be.

If you can't acknowledge your own fuck ups, you're just begging to be constantly disappointed with your own life.

Last edited:

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I think I got a little too comfortable in an old routine, and this led to me getting bored and feeling like I was stuck in a rut.

I have, however, recently found the solution to all this, and expect to be exactly where I want to be within 6 months. :D

I don't have any grand plans for the future, so long as wherever it is that I am and whatever it is I'm doing makes me happy.

akiras

TRIBE Member
I've made mistakes, just like we all have. But learning from my mistakes is more important to me than focusing on what I've done wrong in the past. Each mistake I've made has taught me a little bit more about who I am, what I want, and where I want to be in life. And as time goes on, I find myself closer and closer to where I want to be. So sure I've fucked up, but those fuck ups are an inseparable part of the journey called Life.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Wiseman
I took classical flute performance....................

I don't think you should regret that... after you've brought so much happiness and laughter into peoples lives from it :p

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
alienating good friends. and dropping out of school and lying about it to my parents.

I also wouldn't have rushed into sex at a very very very young age. haha that fucked me up

anyways.. things have really turned around for me

I also regret that florescent orange pullover coat I had in grade 10. hideous!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i have totally fucked up with my education....shouldn't have taken what i did, or i should have gone somewhere that was actually good to study it. shouldn't have used up my uk working holiday visa when i did, but rather should have gone after school and tried to actually get a job in my field over there. also lost contact with a lot of people that i wish i hadn't.

Originally posted by akiras
Each mistake I've made has taught me a little bit more about who I am, what I want, and where I want to be in life.
however, i learned a lot in the process, and if i hadn't made those mistakes, i probably still wouldn't know what the hell i wanted to do, nor would i have met some pretty awesome people. i think i will eventually sort things out, it's just going to take a lot more work on my part.

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
I've made mistakes, just like we all have. But learning from my mistakes is more important to me than focusing on what I've done wrong in the past. Each mistake I've made has taught me a little bit more about who I am, what I want, and where I want to be in life. And as time goes on, I find myself closer and closer to where I want to be. So sure I've fucked up, but those fuck ups are an inseparable part of the journey called Life.
yeeeeep thats how i feel.

i def have a few 'what the hell was i thinking?' \desisions, but i wouldn't change anything for all the good thats come out of the bad. the lessons and self discovery. you learn so much from figuring out what you dont want helps you zero in on what you dooo want.

lucinda

TRIBE Member
You got it sista! Or is it Brotha??

octo

TRIBE Member
there is one major fuck up in my life with repercurssion that i still feel today

although it could have been a lot worse

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I absolutely fucked up. When I 1st moved downtown for school, I was too busy going out every nite to make it to class - or if I DID go I was still high from previous night - and I was subsequently withdrawn from my program.
Years later (last summer) I was offered a Lucrative job out West which i turned down because I wanted to stay in TO and work at some pathetic hipster Queen West "restaurant" with my friends. what was I thinking? oh well. Like some other posters up here, I believe we make certain decisions for a reason, and maybe this is part of some grand plan; I try not to dwell too much on past decisions.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Our only true course is to let the motive for action be in the action istelf, never in its reward; not to be incited by the hope of result, nor yet indulge a propensity for inertness.

-Helena Petronova Blavatsky

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Joe Seven
Our only true course is to let the motive for action be in the action istelf, never in its reward; not to be incited by the hope of result, nor yet indulge a propensity for inertness.

-Helena Petronova Blavatsky
So I was wise to turn down that job, then? * great quote, BTW

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders