• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Did anyone hear about Kraftwerk At MoMA?

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Kraftwerk At MoMA #TicketFail: New York Fans Lose Out To Scalpers In Online Scramble

Remember the announcement that Kraftwerk were going to do an 8 night stint at the Museum of Modern Art? And how excited everyone was?

Well, unsurprisingly, no human beings we know of got tickets. Almost appropriately, passes for the cyber-obsessed band's first gig in New York since 2005 were gobbled up by robots--scalper robots, that is.

MoMA used ShowClix to pawn off the tickets and area Kraftwerk fans found themselves waiting for an hour in an online queue only to be told Nein, no German electronica-robot-pop for you! (Incredibly rich New Yorkers out there can know hope however-- you can always buy a ticket for $42,413. Chump change, really.

Tickets to Kraftwerk at Museum Of Modern Art - Queens on Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Yup, friend of mine was trying to get tickets. Said the site appeared to crash then when it came back up it was 100% sold out.

Bots DDoS-ing it with so much traffic that legit buyers couldn't get through is my take on it.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I posted in NC about it a little over a week ago. It's not in the budget so I was trying not to get to excited about it. :p

xopus

TRIBE Member
i got dropped from the queue 5 times.
a friend made it all the way to checkout and was dropped.

i heard that at one point there were 50 000 simultaneous network requests, and less then 2400 tickets for the whole 8 night run.

total fiasco.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
same issues with tickets when a friend was trying to get tickets to Fiona Apple at the Williamsberg in the Brooklyn.

Fuck ticketmaster, tickets now, subhub, and every other fucking organization that prevents legitimate fans from being able to see the shows of artists that done play very often.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
aren't the bands half to blame, for not touring for so long, and then putting these one off shows, knowing full well they'll sell out in seconds ?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i got dropped from the queue 5 times.
a friend made it all the way to checkout and was dropped.

i heard that at one point there were 50 000 simultaneous network requests, and less then 2400 tickets for the whole 8 night run.

total fiasco.
Sub, you're blaming the system.
the artist is part of this system.
2400 tickets between 8 nights. that's 300 per show.
for Kraftwerk.
ludicrous.
wanna go ? pay up !

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders