• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Did anyone grow a plant outside this year? Or 4?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I grew one from a seedling someone gave me, CBDurban variety from Canuk Seeds. Never grown a cannabis plant to flower before but I had a really good experience with it and no issues except for Gary, a neighborhood groundhog (put up a short chicken wire barrier).

I harvested today and got two full big blue tubs of bud. What a plant! I guess after drying and curing it'll turn into maybe 1/2 lb or so. Maybe more.

Anyone else grow anything outdoors this year?

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
I tried, but I did not have enough sun exposure. Also, I don't trust my neighbours. Also, communal garden.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
I’ve decided to start growing clones. Tossing the rig together right now. They take very little power or space and there’s a massive demand for quality. Most of the shit that’s available is multiple generations down the line. People are just milking it.

I’m doing boutique. I’d be an idiot not to.

People need something to shred in their $1000 grinders!!!! :)

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Very little power? You're not relying on the Amazon LEDs are you?!

What are you saying about genetics? For sure, there's something to be said about pre-90's genetics, or true landraces if they even exist anymore, but one of the most exciting aspects about cannabis growing is the cross breeding, line breeding, interbreeding, inbreeding etc that provides such an abundant range in flavours and affects.

I've been growing for a couple decades, if you are anyone here ever has any specific questions, especially in regards to using coco as a medium, I'm happy to help, here or pm. Huge advocate of coco coir, multi fed - drip to waste. Very simple to automate, with very fast aggressive growth.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mondieu

TRIBE Member

What are you saying about genetics? For sure, there's something to be said about pre-90's genetics, or true landraces if they even exist anymore, but one of the most exciting aspects about cannabis growing is the cross breeding, line breeding, interbreeding, inbreeding etc that provides such an abundant range in flavours and affects.

I've been growing for a couple decades, if you are anyone here ever has any specific questions, especially in regards to using coco as a medium, I'm happy to help, here or pm. Huge advocate of coco coir, multi fed - drip to waste. Very simple to automate, with very fast aggressive growth.

I grow one mother in a huge pot. Good quality soil and sheep-shit for her. I should have said. She takes a considerable amount of power. I’ll probably stick with either a 1000W or 400W HPS, as that’s what I have in storage. Sorry, I should have said! They do draw the power!

The clones are all just under fluorescents. Had great luck with this rig in the past, growing my own. Now that it’s “legal”, a few trays of quality clones are worth more to me than the weed itself.

Genetics are a only an issue when the mother comes from a previously cloned girl. I’ve never had a problem but I like first generation, as a rule, just to avoid one. ;)

Mondieu

TRIBE Member

BTW... Nice purple stick!

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
I am shopping for seeds now for this years 4 plants.
Good stuff! I’m in that zone as well. Way too much to peruse. Options are almost limitless in feminized and auto-flower strains now. I probably won’t bother with the auto-flower, as I just need a good 80% Sativa : 20% Indica hybrid for a mother. Just my speed. The rest can go in the ground. Thankfully, user reviews have become fairly reliable with regard to growing. That’s one of the great things I’ve experienced since “legalization”. Some sites even provide generational info.

Do yourself a favour and read a bunch of reviews before you choose. Quality seed = quality weed. :)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Canuk Seeds is having a 40% sale today. They were responsible for the seed that grew my amazing CBDurban plant last year.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit