• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Detroit Line Up!!!!

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I'm going to shave off every single hair on my entire body for this festival!

I wanna be streamlined for all that fuckin' dancing I'll be doing! :D

patri©k

TRIBE Member
BRING THE FUCKING RAIN!

I'LL HAVE MY WAY WITH IT! :D

... destroying the pavement of detroit, jamming, uncontrollably in the rain while listening to the detroit masters do their thing...

COULD IT BE ANY FUCKING BETTER!?!?!?!

:)

*touches nipples*

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Piss Away!!!

That Underground stage is going to be rocking. We'll proabably end up more soaked down there from dancing our asses off.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
if it DOESN'T rain...

I hope someone busts out a fire hose or something! :)

it's gonna get HOT!

HOT LIKE FIYAH!!!!!!

It could be raining goose turds... and I wou... wait a minute... yes I would.

never mind.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
British Sound Company Provides Sounds for Fuse-In Detroit

Detroit, MI – May 26, 2005- The music world and the city of Detroit are eagerly awaiting the 2005 Fuse-In Detroit. With the addition of many world known musicians, the festival is also bringing in one of the world’s most renowned sound systems. Funktion One, a British based company, will supply the sounds for this year’s festival.

Funktion One has earned an enviable reputation for its unconventional, uncompromising loudspeaker system designs. Their design ethic places ultimate importance on sonic accuracy particularly in terms of lack of distortion and delivery of astonishing transient fidelity. Low-mids are dry and defined; mid is clear; and high frequencies are transparent. Combining this with their tight, solid bass and smooth upper-mids gives an enlightening experience.

Funktion One is the brainchild of sound gurus Tony Andrews and John Newsham. Tony comments: “We understand sound to be the most important of our senses and in fact, the root of the structure of the entire Universe. As such, we try to pay the amazing acuity of human hearing the respect it deserves by providing products that deliver as much resolution and detail as is possible. We also pay considerable attention to the emotional effect of not just music, but the sound itself, what you might call its 'quality'. In a world where everything is 'dumbing down' and finesse and subtlety are rapidly disappearing, it is a source of pride to us that we are continually going in the opposite direction, expanding the envelope. On a spiritual level, good music and good sound has the effect of opening peoples' minds and deepening their consciousness which can only be good for the planet.â€

Last year through Chicago based rental and contracting company Sound Investment, Funktion One showcased their sounds at the Fuse-In Detroit Underground Stage. Director Kevin Saunderson was so impressed by the sound on this stage, he asked the Funktion One / Sound Investment team to come back and deliver their sounds to three of the four stages at this year’s festival. “I was so enthralled by their sound,†said Saunderson. “ I had to have them involved again, especially with Richie Hawtin headlining the Underground Stage.â€

Since the birth of Funktion One in 1992, the company has serviced the concert, club and theatre world with mind-boggling sound systems. Funktion One has an extensive resume including providing systems for clubs in New York, Miami, Las Vegas, Moscow, Tokyo, Jakarta, London and Ibiza, just to name a few. They have also done tours for accredited artists such as Jamiroquai, Massive Attack, and the Chemical Brothers. Their resume doesn’t stop there; Funktion One has won the 2004 Best PA Manufacturer by the DJ T-Scan Awards and the 2003 BEDA Production of the Year Award for the Funktion One Dance Stack. For more information on Funktion One please visit http://www.funktion-one.com and to contact Sound Investment go to http://www.soundinvestmentav.com

zoo

TRIBE Member
does anyone want to be really lame and meet up sometime?

stir-fry, mrs peacock, bbbeep, kung po, digitalux, ur, etc, i'm looking in your respective directions :)

i'll be there with a few people, but it's always nice to meet my techno brethren :)

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
I would love to meet up with y'all

Saturday at 1 does not work for me how about ...

Sat, May 28 Underground/Mutek 7:30 PM Jeff Milligan ?

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
k this is going to seem wierd - but here is a picture of me - and i don't know what you guys look like - post a pic if you have one - and if you see me come up to me !!!!! I will be right up at the front.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I'm down for hanging out for sure.. z00, i'll keep an eye out for you since i know what you look like.. everyone else, here's a pic of me (except i won't have the mexican sluts on my arms :( )

I'll be with patrick for those that know him

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
if you see this guy..... (thats me!)

EDIT: I'm off work till wed. so I wouldn't be suprised if you saw me kicking around monday and tuesday morning.

Last edited:

zoo

TRIBE Member
my girlfriend and i are sick :(

we plan on leaving tomorrow morning now, instead of today (our original plan)