• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Detroit Line Up!!!!

patri©k

TRIBE Member
a couple of the EA parties look pretty fucking good too! :D

gonna check out as much as I can! I'm gonna be like a kid in a candy store!

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
hahaa... i found a pic from another board where you can clearly see me topless and being retarded!

if i'm not mistaken I'm talking to Nick and Shamus about Kenny Larkins set.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
oh btw.. that pic and this pic were from last year.

here's another pic of me... WAY in the background. i'm in the black shortsleeve v.neck.
(shamus is just to my right and Jo (BEM) is just behind me)

this was during the electrofunk live band set. they were playing booty.. ppl were breaking and JITT dancing..

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
in the first one... infront of the white tent. there's a pole right behind my head.

in the 2nd one.. above the guy with his blue on hat backwards and white t-shirt

i'm standing in the same stance... and i remember lookin' at that whole breakdancing scene while it was happening. So it's neat to see it from another perspective... same with Kenny Larkins set (where I took my shirt off) He was spouting how ppl better not just sit while he dj's that it wasn't a spectators sport....

the pics are from this doods review of lastyears (2004) DEMF party:
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/Mov2004dex.htm

jus me

TRIBE Member
For those who are coming to Detroit Memorial Day weekend...

If you're coming to town (or from Windsor or Detroit) from Friday, May 27 to Monday, May 30. Contact me, if you want to play live on CJAM 91.5.We are looking for dj's, producers, promoters....people that are involved in the scene! You can stop by the station and explain your cause - whether it's a new album, spin some tunes, etc. Become a part of CJAM's 72 Hour BPM weekend!

CJAM 91.5 FM is a campus/community radio station broadcasting in the Windsor/Detroit area. Our mandate is to provide music and information programming not offered by mainstream commercial media in the Windsor/Detroit area.

Please pass this on to your friends if they would be interested.

Those who are seriously interested please email: cjam915@gmail.com ASAP!!! or pm me here.

We require a rationale, a solid committment on your part (if & when you are booked) and a demo/sample (if you are a dj).

Cjam915@gmail.com
www.cjam.ca

(we aren't making any money off of this! we are doing this to raise the profile of electronic music in our community)

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
This lineup looks hawwwt!

However, Ive been to Detroit a handfull of times for parties and I really cant imagine spending that much time there. The place looks like Grand Theft Auto III. Any comments from those who have been there re: crowd??

blipblurpbleep

TRIBE Member
the crowd will be 100000000000000000x better this year. why?

because they started to charge admission this year. this should keep things a little more manageable this year. it will still be as busy, but the number of questionable characters will be lower.

downtown detroit isn't so bad. it gets much worse when you start to leave the core though.

blipblurpbleep

TRIBE Member
and here's your long term forecast

Saturday
High of 67
20% chance of rain

Sun. & Mon. aren't available yet. but it looks like it's going to rain on friday and clear up for the weekend.

UR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg

I met that dude in the foreground with his hand in the air and a hat on two years ago. He gave me the UR flyer, and I saw him all three days.

I can't remeber his name for the life of me. But he was always loving the tunes. He lived in Detroit and was very proud people were traveling to the festival.

I don't think I can make it this year, but I hope you all have a killer time. The line up is what DEMF should have been.

Take lots of pics for me.
UR

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Can't find the Car pool thread.

Got room for one or two, going up Saturday night for the Paxahau gig, coming back Sunday night.

If interested mail me at oddmyth (at) gmail . com

beta tester

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by UR
I met that dude in the foreground with his hand in the air and a hat on two years ago. He gave me the UR flyer, and I saw him all three days.

I can't remeber his name for the life of me. But he was always loving the tunes. He lived in Detroit and was very proud people were traveling to the festival.

UR
That is the one and only Grimace. He's about as close to a North American "technotourist" as you can get.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
THAT'S NOT GRIMACE!!!!!

I produced his show on 1groove years ago and if it IS him... he looks COMPLETELY different.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg
oh btw.. that pic and this pic were from last year.

here's another pic of me... WAY in the background. i'm in the black shortsleeve v.neck.
(shamus is just to my right and Jo (BEM) is just behind me)

this was during the electrofunk live band set. they were playing booty.. ppl were breaking and JITT dancing..

fuuuuuck, we're SOOO getting robbed in detroit patrick

patri©k

TRIBE Member
fuck that... I'm wearing my 'KILL WHITEY' t-shirt with an arrow pointing to the left.

you better be walking on my right.

;)

UR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beta tester
That is the one and only Grimace. He's about as close to a North American "technotourist" as you can get.
ya, that was his name. I thought Grimace and then thought again. He was preaching the good word when I met him.

since i'm on the topic of detroit - here is an oldy, i wish the pic was clearer, but mills and hawtin are on the left. back in the day...

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
hey solokov comes through.... good won...

random comment:

If I ever start a brewing company in any latin american country I am going to name it El Solokov.... helpful to your social skills 'till the last drop <<< drop pun intended to target students... :D

lol

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Here's the Official Afterparties.

Friday

Venue: Center Street Lounge
311 E. Grand River, Detroit
VIP reception 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Invite only! Â_
Party for public begins at 10:00 pm
Line up:
1. Reggie Dokes (Vip reception)
2. D-Wynn
3. Mike Servito
4. Stacey Pullen
5. Special surprise guest

Saturday

Venue: 1545 Clay Street
Line up:
1. Kevin Saunderson
2. Michel De Hey
3. Benny Rodriguez
4. Cajmere
5. Ken Ishii
6. Blake Baxter

Sunday

Venue: Tangent Gallery
715 E. Milwaukee St.
Room 1
Advent Live
Buzz Goree aka DJ Clandestine
James Pennington aka Suburban Knight
Frankie Bones
Murat
Santiago Salazar - Los Hermanos

Room 2
Osunlade
Ron Trent
Mike Huckaby
Craig Huckaby (percussions)
Craig Gonsalez

Sunday

Venue: Club Bleu
1540 Woodward
Line-up:
1. Glenn Underground
2. Carl Craig
3. Quentin Harris
4. DJ Genesis
5. Kenny Larkin

digitalux

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by grit
this is just outta control...

http://paxahau.com/outpost.htm
this party was where i first saw Mathew Jonson. All the paxahau parties I've been to have been absolutely amazing! Amazing vibe, and really fantastic, cohesive, well thought out line-up!! Look at the canadians represent on that bill along with the German, Sammy Dee...
I wish I could be there & recommend it to those in the D.

I'll go to the ghostly ANd/or tronic party when I arrive on Sunday!