• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Detroit Line Up!!!!

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Mos Def to play fest

May 4, 2005

BY KELLEY L. CARTER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

When electronic music festival organizers started thinking about this year's lineup, the idea was to wow the folks who crowd downtown Detroit's Hart Plaza.

RELATED CONTENT
Fuse-in schedule

And if the early buzz is an indication, that mission has been accomplished.

The crew behind FUSE-in: Detroit's Electronic Movement, the name of this year's annual techno fest, say they wanted to show off local talent and give a stage to internationally known musicians from the city who haven't played here in years. One act, Underground Resistance, revered by techno fans worldwide, will perform here for the first time in almost 10 years, said Monica Lockett, a field rep from Musiclogical LLC, a company that is helping to produce the event.

"We had a lot to prove with this," Lockett said Tuesday. "Because it's the first year that Kevin got the festival, we wanted to be fair. We wanted to make sure people got their chance to be in the spotlight. I think this is also a good, fresh start to get some of the people who haven't gotten a chance to shine."

She was talking about Kevin Saunderson, the Detroit techno DJ who earlier this year signed a deal with the city to produce the techno event. This will be Saunderson's first year as sole producer.

One highlight of the festival, now in its sixth year, will be a performance by rapper Mos Def.

"I'm very excited about this year's lineup, especially Mos Def. He just put out his new movie, 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,' and right now it's the top grossing film," Lockett said. The festival is .... "a very good lead-up to the Super Bowl. I think the city should be very proud and feel great about the effort that we've put forth to make this thing happen."

An announcement is expected Thursday on whether there will be an admission fee for the festival.

grit

TRIBE Member
damn, KDJ live on Saturday night.

Not gonna see that too often. - Or ever.

Last edited:

hahnsa

TRIBE Member
Damn! That's one sick line up. The bf and i are gonna hit this one up for sure! Dan Bell and Richie closing the festival with live pas, holy cum in my pants batman.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
Monday, May 30 MusicLogical Stage 7:30 PM Peter Grummich

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEASE.... ANYBODY WHO WILL BE THERE ON MONDAY NIGHT.... GO AND SEE THIS MAN SPIN!!!!!!!!!!

I saw him in Berlin @ Tresor last month and he fucking ROCKED IT!!!

I promise you won't be disappointed!

kul-kat

TRIBE Member
this is patri©k typing...

anyhow... I've looked through the line-ups and everything and I have compiled my list. This is who I will be checking out, if everything works out as planned. :)

Saturday:

12pm - Drew Maddox
1pm - Driving Soul
1:30pm - Luke Eargoggle
2pm - The Surgeon
3pm - Egg LIVE!
4:30pm - J. Hunsberger LIVE!
6pm - Mike Shannon DJ/LIVE!
6:30pm - Mike Huckaby
7pm - John Tejada
8pm - Jeff Milligan
9pm - Aril Brikha LIVE!
10pm - Green Velvet LIVE!
10:30pm - Akufen
11pm - James Pennington

*afterparties*

Sunday:

12pm - Chuck Flask DJ/LIVE!
1pm - Brown Brothers
2pm - DJ Fingers
3pm - Bryan Zentz
4pm - DJ Zapp
4:30pm - Marco Carola
5:15pm - Scan 7 LIVE!
6pm - Christian Smith
7pm - Aux 88
7:30pm - Ben Sims
8:30pm - Michel De Hay

*go home*

:D :D :D :D :D

hahnsa

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by blipblurpbleep
what makes you think this?
Monday, May 30 Underground/Paxahauahau 9:00 PM Dan Bell
Monday, May 30 Underground/Paxahauahau 10:30 PM Richie Hawtin

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
I've been thinking about the Substance party

Saturday, May 28th 2005 - tavern on the park - Detroit
substance
dan bell:detroit, steve stoll live:nyc/belgium, christian wunsch live:spain, ectomorph live:detroit, function live:nyc, john selway vs. ulysses:nyc, tim xavier:nyc, mark verbos:nyc, mike huckaby:detroit, twonz:detroit, luka baumann:croatia, dustin zahn & ian lehamn live:minneapolis, drumcell:LA, acidpimp live:detroit, kero live audio/video:detroit, kill memory crash live:chicago, cfx:detroit, ian desmond & dutch live:detroit, adam marshall:toronto, gene lafosse:nyc, and more tba!!. 20$pre, 9pm-6am. [Contact: chadparraghi] [Website]

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jeffpayne

substance

dustin zahn & ian lehamn live:minneapolis,
This is worth admission alone!!!!!!!
Damn this is so tempting!

:D

$80 Undershirt

TRIBE Member

substance
dan bell:detroit, steve stoll live:nyc/belgium, christian wunsch live:spain, ectomorph live:detroit, function live:nyc, john selway vs. ulysses:nyc, tim xavier:nyc, mark verbos:nyc, mike huckaby:detroit, twonz:detroit, luka baumann:croatia, dustin zahn & ian lehamn live:minneapolis, drumcell:LA, acidpimp live:detroit, kero live audio/video:detroit, kill memory crash live:chicago, cfx:detroit, ian desmond & dutch live:detroit, adam marshall:toronto, gene lafosse:nyc, and more tba!!. 20$pre, 9pm-6am. [Contact: chadparraghi] [Website]
Lookin' good. The only issue I have is that I've seen a good number of these artists already, and I'm trying to expose myself to as much new music as I can this year.

Anyone know anyhting about these Detroit venues?? tavern on the park? masonic temple??

jus me

TRIBE Member
What do you need to know about the Masonic?

500 temple street.
you can smoke and drink in there.

for the speedy j party, the main room was circular and they used a dinky lil small room for the side room.
they closed off areas.
it's an old(er) building.

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

substance

dustin zahn & ian lehamn live:minneapolis,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is worth admission alone!!!!!!!
Damn this is so tempting!
If you check out the flyer for the event. It has them as being two seperate sets, but hellz yeah! Lovin' those guys these days.