• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Detroit Auto Show

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Some cool looking cars this year, as expected, but not as many eco-friendly cars unveiled. Guess winning the war will ensure cheap gas for many more years. Some sweet rides:

Hot damn. Chrysler Concept Car.

A hot Audi A4 Cabriolet. I would love to cruise around in the summer in this car.

Not the greatest pic, but still cool. Ford Shelby Cobra Concept.

SO-CAL Speed Shop SSR. Just HOT.

2005 Corvette

Audi Concept Car

Everyone wants a piece of the pickup market. Who knew hicks had so much buying power? Honda SUT Concept.

Aston Martin DB 9. Sweet.

BMW 645ci Drop Top. How many rappers do you think are gonna pick this car up?

Just fugly. VW Concept Car.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

defazman

TRIBE Member
The new Pontiac and Dodge cars in the Toronto Star are pretty sweet ass looking.

Looks like ford is ready to get back into sports cars, with that concept, the new mustang and the GT.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by coleridge

I love the new Ferrari. So understated.
It looks more like a Maserati than a Ferrari to me...they should just swap badges and call it a day.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by C-NiCE

A hot Audi A4 Cabriolet. I would love to cruise around in the summer in this car.
Was going to buy one of these until I found out that no manual transmission is offered. :(

Cheers ... Ian :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

defazman

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Detroit Auto Show

Originally posted by Soundstream
Was going to buy one of these until I found out that no manual transmission is offered.
I was going to buy one until I found out it would cost more than my rent.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Detroit Auto Show

Originally posted by defazman
I was going to buy one until I found out it would cost more than my rent.
Most poeple's rent is not more than $60,000 per month. ;)

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
Any concept cars coming out from Mazda??

I love their cars, I feel that they have changed for the better, appealing to the younger crowd.

:)

Psyklone

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lurker
no, shitty :(

I'd love to see it in action
It sounds incredible...the conclusion was that it was a little too much Mercedes and not enough McLaren though. They preferred the Carrera GT as far as exotics go.

I loved what Clarkson said about the Porsche Cayenne Turbo - I've seen more appealing gangrenous wounds than this; it has the sex appeal of a camel...with gingivitis. lol.

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Detroit Auto Show

Originally posted by Soundstream
Was going to buy one of these until I found out that no manual transmission is offered. :(

actually Ian...that is the S4 Cab, it does come in 6spd. and for about 75k.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Detroit Auto Show

Originally posted by Astroboy
actually Ian...that is the S4 Cab, it does come in 6spd. and for about 75k.
Shit, I should have waited. ;) I thought that was the new A4 cab 2-door version.

Although having said that, the S4s are having serious engine failures and production is backlogged while they try and figure out what is wrong with them. That was the main reason I passed on the S4 sedan.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by djcyclone
Any concept cars coming out from Mazda??

I love their cars, I feel that they have changed for the better, appealing to the younger crowd.

:)

Psyklone

MX-Micro Sport concept.

Mitsubishi Eclipse concept. Hope some of these design cues make the new Eclipse because this is just a beautiful ride.

Hyundai HCD8 Sport Tourer concept. And to think this company built the Pony in the 80's.

As mentioned before, the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
When the SLR senses wet conditions, the brake pads gently "massage" the rotors to ensure they remain dry. :eek:

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
When the SLR senses wet conditions, the brake pads gently "massage" the rotors to ensure they remain dry. :eek:
Now that is a feature I wish I had! Nothing worse than driving on a long stretch of highway in the rain and then having to suddenly apply the brakes only to find out that when you first hit them, you need to clear off all the excess water first.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by C-NiCE

SO-CAL Speed Shop SSR. Just HOT.
Very retro 50's. I like it. Huzzah for the return of the 2 tone paint job!

I'm glad to see that the major car companies are realizing they've been making boring ugly cars for the last 30 years and are starting to get a little more free wheeling with the design concepts. Maybe by the time I can afford a car they'll be hitting their peak again.