• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Destiny Valentines

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Alright, somebody else had better write a more comprehensive review seeing as how i was only inside for about half an hour. I went from the west end of TO to the east end to the south end after waiting 45 min for a bus that apparently doesn't run anymore. Left stranded at Union station with no money and 15 min till the start of my shift, I asked two of Toronto's finest for a lift and to my amazement they accepted! But despite my pleas they would not turn the siren on, oh well. I was so excited: what an entrance I would make! But it was not to be; dropped off at Destiny in a squad car and no one was there to witness it.
ps. Mark EG was up to his usual antics > but no record-eating
this time > I thought his set was kind of *meh* but I'm
sure lots of folks there would disagree with me. The room
was going OFF!

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
That was some fun times!
seeing Flippy and Jelo doin that thing they both do so well was fantastic!

Breaks room was the place to be, not only because of the CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and saddler and old skool rockin' of Czech, the people in there were so fun to hang out with.

The upstairs Tranceaddict room was fun, watchin fatty crawford throw out some dirty sound!

Loved this jam, had a great time and look forward to another Destiny jam.

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
What a blast!

Got there as chu and saddler were just tearin up the room. Happy to see it packed and goin off just prior to midnight in the breaks room!

I really enjoyed Czechs set. He started with 45's using Mat the aliens "Mats Mats" (7" slipmats with a built in foam adapter to stop the 45 from slidin around) and moved into rock n roll funk breaks in a style only czech can drop proper!

I was (Kidney)stone sober and at one point was zoning out when czech ran from across the room and football tackled me. My kidney stone has been stagnent for almost a month now but I think he got it moving lol.

Czech is one of the funniest and most sociable djs in the biz. I cant wait till "Breakbeat mountain" ;) I think that was one of the funniest things Ive heard in forever. Or there was also "Ill sell you 15000 congas for .50 cents" bahahahaha

ried speed didnt really do it for me. She was playing a lot of the bassline aquasky/raw as fuck type stuff and I couldnt really get down.

The jungle room was broken at least the high end speakers were blown and there was an irritating crackle coming from them so I had to leave the room.

Mark EG IS FRANKIE WILDE. Im convinced that the actor from "Its all gone pete tong" got his dancing moves from Mark EG. At least the music in the movie was better lol.

So from there it was back to the breaks room where D-Monic was laying it down on Serato Scratch and doing a fine job of keeping the room lifted.

By then it was around 4:30 and my soberness and tiredness became too much for me and I had to take off.

A solid night all in all in the breaks room

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
i had a shitload of fun last night.
it was SO good to be back out partying with old party friends from years ago, along with some new ones.

started off in the tranceaddict room and caught fatty's set. good stuff! then over to the breaks room to catch chu and hear exactly what i wanted to hear, and dance to, breaks-wise.

then i hit the main room. generally the set that Mark EG spun wouldn't have turned my crank - hard fast pounding relentless techno. but it did last night. and it's true, the floor was going off, which was pretty damn infectious. so much energy!
stuck to the main room for john 00 fleming, who i haven't heard spin in far too long (haven't partied much the past couple of years)... others may disagree but i enjoyed this set even though my feet were getting sloppy from tiredness.
this.is.what.happens.when.you.don't.go.out.dancing.for.almost.two.years.and.have.a.baby. lol

wanted to catch turtle's set but was just too spent by 5am to stay any longer.

all in all: a great night. i'm still beaming from it. good to have a night out partying with people i love. it's been far too long!

and omg i was seriously old enough to be the mom of a lot of the kids there! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

T

TRIBE Member
no one brings the RAVE like DESTINY!!

This citys only original rave company, its vibes everytime! i got some pics, ill post later.

good drunken times!

ohh yeah, and announcing the WEMF dates was AWESOME!!

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
fuck. i haven't seen mark EG in like 5 years.. caught him last at some big bud anniversary, and i haven't witnessed a set with that much energy EVER, before or since.

ah well, haven't been paying enough attention i guess.

i'm not even that into techno, but he's one of my favourite dj's for sure. infectious energy.

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hipsterave
Mark EG IS FRANKIE WILDE. Im convinced that the actor from "Its all gone pete tong" got his dancing moves from Mark EG. At least the music in the movie was better lol.
I always thought one opf Mark's dance moves is very similar to Peter Garrett from Midnight Oil.

BTW-You haven't seen Mark EG in 5 years because he was banned from entering our fine country (nothing serious, either). It's good to have The Crazy Wanker back (that's what brought me out last night, and it was well worth it).

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
glad to here it went well!

wish I could have made it by, but i was so beat by the time I left Gallery and it was about 5am.. just wasn't in the cards.

Keep up the good work Ryan, Jesse and every else that was involved!

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
RAVE GUY RAVE! Thats right, raves still exist. That was done proper.

I cant say moch about mark eg's set that hasnt already been said. I thought he started off a little slow, but "who wants it harder????" and BOOM!!! Fuck my feet were just a moving , arms all over the place. wikid.

John 00 Flemming took over and carried where Mark EG left off, kept that place moving , and kept it hard aswell!

I really dont have much to complain about, well nothing at. Well job DESTINY, and thanks for the awesome coat check setups.

Good times seeing everyone, and I hope those group TR pics get posted soon!

Sobered up after last call , and 5am it was time to leave!

See everyone soon at another RAVE sometime.

Jay

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Lastnight was so much fun!!!!!!!!!
I was in the main room most of the night
or upstairs..man did they really redo the docks..
I barely recognized it.

I don't really like techno, so i didn't like what Mark EG
was spinning until he dropped some Hard Trance tracks,
however he is so much fun to watch. Watching him makes me tired. It's like watching an exercise video. :) Does he bring a bag of props to fuck around with lol He's too funny.

Reid Speed and Grooverider spun wicked sets!! I didn't dance much though. I was more into the mingling with a lot of ppl..so many ppl i knew were there lastnight. It was great. The line up was only 5 mins!!

I wish i stayed to see john 00 fleming, but i was exhausted.

emiwee

TRIBE Member
Such good times.

Started off a little on the not-so-good side, but the situation ended up coming almost full circle. One person in our group dropped their ticket in the line-up outside and someone picked it up. Instead of saying, "hey, you dropped your ticket", they quickly turned around and sold it to someone else behind them in the line. We found this out from the friends of the girl who had sold it. Girl wouldn't fess up to it and you could totally tell she was lying because she couldn't even look me (or her friends) in the face when I asked her about it. Later on in the night, though, 2 of her friends approached me and said "you're the one whose friend dropped their ticket in line, right? We felt so bad about what our friend did that we want to give you some money ($20) because your friend had to pay at the door to get in". I thought that was such a wonderful gesture and certainly not something her friends should have done (she should have come forward, the lying cow). Digress from that situation, however...

The rest of the night was awesome. From Sean Crawford upstairs, to Big League Chu and Dave Saddler to John 00 Fleming. The music was pretty rockin'. Mark EG was pretty much a disappointment. It was bangin' and hard, but there was no soul, no funk. I need the soul. Just couldn't get into his sound. And his antics made me think of gorillas at the zoo who do things in their pens to make tourists look at them (or out of some weird mental illness related to being in captivity, whatever). John 00 Fleming made the night for me with his wicked wicked psy-trancey sounds.

What an amazing group of friends I got to party with. Just like old times again (and it felt oh-so-ravey!). There was ass-smacking, there were hugs all around. Even though the general consensus was that we were the old farts of the party. :)

Taro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by emiwee
Such good times.

Started off a little on the not-so-good side, but the situation ended up coming almost full circle. One person in our group dropped their ticket in the line-up outside and someone picked it up. Instead of saying, "hey, you dropped your ticket", they quickly turned around and sold it to someone else behind them in the line. We found this out from the friends of the girl who had sold it. Girl wouldn't fess up to it and you could totally tell she was lying because she couldn't even look me (or her friends) in the face when I asked her about it. Later on in the night, though, 2 of her friends approached me and said "you're the one whose friend dropped their ticket in line, right? We felt so bad about what our friend did that we want to give you some money ($20) because your friend had to pay at the door to get in". I thought that was such a wonderful gesture and certainly not something her friends should have done (she should have come forward, the lying cow). Digress from that situation, however...
now that's some proper PLUR if I've ever heard it... :p
good on them.

kat

TRIBE Member
krzysiu and i got there sooo early.
i knew it would be rave-y..but i honestly didnt think teenagers still dressed like that. haha..nerds. i also saw a ton of old friends who i hadnt seen in years, which was nice.

the docks is very different from the last time i had been there..the upstairs is all fancy pants. the bathrooms are so much nicer than downstairs..and also completely 19+. suckers.
security was a little weird, i had to get 3 different stamps on my hand for each 19+ area i went into. and the breaks room doorman was hassling people about carrying in/out water bottles. boo!

sean crawford! it was early in the night, but the mini lounge upstairs had a good crowd dancing. he played a bunch of really awesome tracks that i now need to find.

chu and saddler were super fun. probably the highlight of my night. i hadnt been out dancing, to breaks especially, in months..so i was very, very happy. also need to find some of those tracks.

mark eg, yea didnt have the energy i was expecting. it was ok..but it made me restless, so i kept wandering in and out of his set. then completely ventured off to footwork (which lasted about 10 minutes ha!) and then home to crash.

good seeing everyone out. :)
i totally could not afford this night but it was still worth it!

lockedgruv

TRIBE Member
Mark EG was pretty much a disappointment. It was bangin' and hard, but there was no soul, no funk. I need the soul. Just couldn't get into his sound....John 00 Fleming made the night for me with his wicked wicked psy-trancey sounds.

don't mean to nit-pick but

:confused:

John 00 provided the soul, funk fix you needed?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

emiwee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lockedgruv
don't mean to nit-pick but

:confused:

John 00 provided the soul, funk fix you needed?
i meant soul as in something more than just bang,bang,bang. mark eg was just plain boring. there was nothing there to make me really want to go off.

good on you for trying to sneakily criticize my music categorization abilities, though! :rolleyes:

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
What an amazing group of friends I got to party with. Just like old times again (and it felt oh-so-ravey!). There was ass-smacking, there were hugs all around. Even though the general consensus was that we were the old farts of the party. :)
:D

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Man, I had a blast despite people asking if I was alright all night... hahahaha. I was just tired and full of chinese food!

Got there extremely early to watch Sean Crawford in the tranceaddict room. He showed up after us with some cool girl... winner! Danced through his before going down to get a healthy dose of chu/saddler. Probably the best set of the night for me. I loved it... and breaks kids (when not jibrats) are the hottest of the partiers! hello nurse! Then we wandered a bit... rocked out with lots of finger guns to jelo for a bit.

Went back to see Mark E.G. never saw him before or... i thought his shenanigans were gimmicky but his set was alright. I dunno, he just wasn't my taste of a performer.

Overall, I had a good time and was really enjoying myself just dancing a bit by myself rather than exploding on the dance floor.

Took off earlier than I'd normal go because a) free ride! b) tired and felt like a beer... the beer eventually crapped out so I went home to snuggle up with a james bond movie and sleep off the fun.

lots of great people, lots of smiles, which is what a good night is all about.

Deep came on to me.

Scotty1Love

TRIBE Member
Lovely night out indeed.

Breaks room rocked. You couldn't have payed me to leave, well maybe.

Czech Killed it.

Chu, Saddler, Turtle brought the heat, and CD's! lol
Nice one.

Peace
Scott