1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Destiny boat cruise

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Temper Tantrum, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

I was hesitant about going to this tonight at first, due to sheer exhaustion and the70 percent chance of showers that were anticipated.

Luckily, I have a rubber arm, and was easily convinced to attend my first ever boat cruise, the promise of trance, trance and more trance helped a lot.

Music: I couldn't tell you the details, as I spent 90 percent of this party socializing and seeing some friends I hadn't seen in a LONG time and yeah....Kinda embarassing!! But I *do* know the music was AMAZING (even if i can't remember all the track names :p or what dj played what :p ) Some WICKED cheesy trance, some really interesting darker stuff that you had to listen to on the second floor because it's the kind of music that screams I need to be in a dark enclosed space ;) But I heard three different remixes of clocks (well i could be wrong on three, definetly two, one sounded a lot like it). PLEASE LET THAT SONG DIE !

Crowd: Oh I feel so old!! Just like in highschool where there were those university students who would hang out and drink with the ones way younger then you... I felt like one of those people I used to make fun of when I started partying. The ones chain smoking and drinking and laughing obnoxiously whos dancing consists of the nod and the cigarette jab. But there were so many kids there with huge grins on there face, battling over who got to give the people on the couch lightshows it made me feel all warm and mushy inside.

Some shout outs (I know the term shout out is lame but so am I)

Starvin Marvin+his lovely girlfrend , always such a pleasure

squirelly you are a nutter. OJ+vodka washroom styles :) We failed to get you so drunk you humped chair legs. We will have to rectify this in the next few days.

Original Vibe- Jessie you are special. My god from the super-soaker antics to "twolamepeople.com", you get my special award for the night. It's not that your not funny, it's just that your not funny :p All jokes aside fucking wicked hanging with ja!

AdamAnt- You drool. I rule. My favourite partner in crime, you PLUR hugged and watched light shows with the best of them. Oh, and you put up with my company before, during and after.

That's all. LOTS Of fun. Big props to the Destiny kruuuuuuuuuu

~allie~

Last edited: Aug 30, 2003
  2. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

YO.

that night was fucking FUN.

funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

i was apprehensive at first, cuz boat parties can be a bit much. knowing that you can't leave is sometimes a not-so-good feeling. but holy shit, at like, 3 thirty i was actually getting SAD that we were moving toward docking. now, i haven't felt that way in a looooong time. it was just like the good ol' party days!!

as allie said, the crowd was pretty young--obviously--but there was an interesting mix of older people as well, cuz it was OS/2's birthday and he had a bunch of his friends onboard.

at first we were all kinda making fun of the li'l raver crew...i mean, they take themselves so seriously, with their glowsticks and their "slick" dance moves----yo yo yo look how fast i can move my feet!!!!!!! but then, after a few light shows and water gun fights, i started to really appreciate their enthusiasm. to be completely honest, i don't think i even realised that scene still exists. fun fur, visors, sloppy grins.....it's all still going strong! and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Destiny: you did a really great job on this last boat cruise. like allie said, although the music wasn't really the focus of our night, i'm sure it was rockin.

for us, it was alllll about good friends, lots of laughs, and MAD dance-offs.

(goooooooooooooo team JesseMattandRobin!!!!!!)

so much fun.

*smile smile smile*

byebye Ascension boat cruises.....you will be missed.

robin

3. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

The cruise was the perfect length, not too short, not too long.
    Music: I had the cigarette jab going which is a step better than standing still.
    Good friends. Annoying water guns. And COLD weather.

Good times.

4. Dr Trance

Dr Trance TRIBE Member

Thanks!

To everyone who was on board for our last Ascension party: thanks for making it so special! As promoters there's not too much we can do with these boats in the way of decoration, etc, so we just get the best DJs available and hope that the mix of people on board will work.
    And while everything has come together nicely in the past, there was something that was definitely special about Friday night. You folks rock!
    On behalf of the TTC (Toronto Trance Corps)-who were the co-promoters with Destiny of all the Ascension parties-props to everyone who made it work so well for 4 years.
    See you on the dance floor!

5. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

i had an absolutely fantastic time at this. great to see so many old friends and great to see that the positive *raver* vibe still exists for some people. it was really very refreshing.

props to destiny, t.t.c. and the ascension folks.

and happy 40th birthday to os/2. :)

6. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

you loved it. c'mon.

my favourite part was when i kept getting the same guy, over and over again, and he just never caught on, even after he caught me squirting him.

"it must be coming from the ceiling!"

"hey, how did my pants get so wet?"

special, special night.

:D

*MUAH*

7. Dr Trance

Dr Trance TRIBE Member

Yeah, Squirrley, thanks for getting me, too. And I'd forgotten my Depends Friday night!
    May I also echo Will's statement that it was great to see some old friends again who made the effort to join us for our last go-round! And a pleasant surprise to see Will out and about before his big sojurn to the other side of the world! Bon Voyage, pal. Keep your sattellite cell on so we can contact you if the legal hammer comes down while you're gone (right---just kidding)!

8. loopdokter

loopdokter TRIBE Promoter

No kidding. You're old enough to need 'em. Why you're older than dust. You're so old that... ;)

Hi Don. Haha.

Cheers,
    JK