• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Destiny 7/10

wyrm

TRIBE Member
Good party.

Got there at 10:30, and ran to the back for Jelo and Deko-ze

Their set was the set of the night for me. I enjoyed the rest of the trance lineup, couldn't stand most of the vibe in the Jungle Room.

Got screwed out of morning breaks by D-Monic (did he show?)

I hadn't been to a party in ages where they played 'get out now' music. Usually it's music cut and house lights up. Can anyone ID the track that drove us from Viva?
I wish they would play more House at raves.

More complete review when I get back to work next week.
Maybe I'm just a superstar DJ whore...

Check that, I gave Deko-ze his props for blowing away Tiesto last December.

There is a definitely different sound between most of the trance you hear at clubs and what you hear at raves.

One is harder-edged, almost rougher in its 'youthful' exhuberance.

The other is more highly produced and more 'elegant'.

In my old age, not only am I leaning toward more house, but also more 'elegance'.

My raving has led me to conjecture about different metabolism of MDMA by certain ethnic groups.

Some of my Chinese and Korean aquaintances cannot metabolize alcohol, ending up with a red face, not to mention being a two-drink drunk. Could the same be possible for other psychoactive substances? An enzyme deficiency?

This last bit is probably better suited to www.bluelight.nu

Last edited:

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wyrm
I enjoyed the rest of the trance lineup, couldn't stand most of the vibe in the Jungle Room.

Got screwed out of morning breaks by D-Monic (did he show?)
Yep. I was there.

Played my 5:45 - Close set in the tent (aka: the jungle room)

Great party! I had fun!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
Song Question

In response to the question in the first post:
First off...yes, if I'm closing a party I'll try to play something that starts to clear the room for the last song. First off, it's a help to the promoters, the venue and the security to start people getting their coats and getting out the door before the lights come on, especially if security gets paid by the hour and it takes a while to get people out.
Secondly I've always felt that when something is over, it's over. To play a pounding track defeats the purpose of giving a party closure. In the past I've played ambient tracks, songs that have lyrics that indicate "the party's over," and most recently I've been closing parties with the ever-appropriate "All You Need Is Love" (by St. Pete and Rob Riggs aka Mach 747) and the Frank Sinatra goof, "Blow Me" by Red Peters (you read that right).
If nothing else, it should put a smile on the faces of the hard core partiers...
Happy New Year!

wyrm

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Destiny 7/10

Originally posted by D-Monic
Yep. I was there.

Played my 5:45 - Close set in the tent (aka: the jungle room)

Great party! I had fun!
When I tried to get in a little later, they said it was closed.

Maybe they were just restricting access to let the room bleed out.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

wyrm

TRIBE Member
Re: Song Question

Originally posted by Dr Trance
First off...yes, if I'm closing a party I'll try to play something that starts to clear the room for the last song. First off, it's a help to the promoters, the venue and the security to start people getting their coats and getting out the door before the lights come on, especially if security gets paid by the hour and it takes a while to get people out.
Secondly I've always felt that when something is over, it's over. To play a pounding track defeats the purpose of giving a party closure. In the past I've played ambient tracks, songs that have lyrics that indicate "the party's over," and most recently I've been closing parties with the ever-appropriate "All You Need Is Love" (by St. Pete and Rob Riggs aka Mach 747) and the Frank Sinatra goof, "Blow Me" by Red Peters (you read that right).
If nothing else, it should put a smile on the faces of the hard core partiers...
Happy New Year!
I didn't really have a problem with it, just hadn't heard anything like it in a while.
Thanks for the explanation.

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Song Question

Originally posted by Dr Trance
Happy New Year!
I thought the ending track was awsome! Freaky Flow and flipside use to play "music is the key" at the very end of a party and I remember the first one sound when marcus played Wishing on a star as the last track. They are both very mellow tunes and suited the ending.

BTW, Don, greeat choice on the tune "Blow Me" for this party - i thought that was halarious!!!

and to Wyrm - not sure why u were told the room was closed - I saw people going in and out of the tent till the very end!!! Maybe he ment that doorway wass closed and you were suppose to use the other entrence??????

squirrely

TRIBE Member
*just got home*

ok this party really rocked it. JustinTyce warmed up the tent nicely. and then we went home.

happy new year!

--robin