• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Desperate for Supporters, DeLay Turns to Stephen Colbert

alcid

TRIBE Member
Too Funny!!!

Desperate for Supporters, DeLay Turns to Stephen Colbert

colbert2.jpg
A good sign that Tom DeLay doesn’t have the facts on his side: the top source for his latest defense against his critics is Stephen Colbert.
This morning, DeLay’s legal defense fund sent out a mass email criticizing the movie “The Big Buy: Tom DeLay’s Stolen Congress,” by “Outfoxed” creator Robert Greenwald.
The email features a “one-pager on the truth behind Liberal Hollywood’s the Big Buy,” and the lead item is Colbert’s interview with Greenwald on Comedy Central (where Colbert plays a faux-conservative, O’Reilly-esque character). The headline of the “fact sheet”:

delayemailexcerpt.GIF

DeLay thinks Colbert is so persuasive, he’s now featuring the full video of the interview at the top of the legal fund’s website. And why not? According to the email, Greenwald “crashed and burned” under the pressure of Colbert’s hard-hitting questions, like “Who hates America more, you or Michael Moore?”
Apparently the people at DeLay’s legal fund think that Colbert is actually a conservative. Or maybe they’re just that desperate for supporters.

-----------------------

source:
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/24/delay-colbert/

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Shug

TRIBE Member
That's what's so great about the right... they're all missing that special clump of neurons in the brain that allows you to detect irony.

It makes for some amazing examples of DoubleThink (ie. Terrorists hate our freedom; we need to spy on you to catch them... or Democracy is great, unless the democracy has voted in a government like Hamas).

Shug

TRIBE Member
Oh, oh! I thought of another couple: "More government accountability" through the gagging of MPs and refusing to speak to national journalists.

... and the US administration saying they want first and foremost to resolve the Iran dispute "diplomatically", but all-out refusing Iran's explicit request for direct communication between Iran and the US.

Hahaha, isn't it great? =D I find it helps working out the DoubleThink in my head by crossing my eyes like I'm doing one of those 3-D illusion things.

atbell

TRIBE Member
^^^

Ever wanted to be famous?

"Tonight on Double Think, Shug jumps on Harpers latest coments about abstinance being the only way to increase family size."

Shug

TRIBE Member
Famous, ew, never. Drown me in gin and hookers, and I'll do just fine without the fame.

I reserve the right to update this thread down the road, as other DoubleThinks get disseminated from MiniTrue.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders