• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Desert Island Picks

sugar

TRIBE Member
So, there was a discussion in the old girl stuff thread a few months back about what cosmetic/toiletry products you'd pick to have with you if you were stranded on a desert island. For the sake of the discussion, let's assume that any of your picks would have an endless supply :)

Here are my picks from the other thread:

1. Tweezerman Tweezers
2. Kiehl's SPF 15 Tinted Lip Balm
3. Ombrelle SPF 30 Sunscreen
4. Degree Antiperspirant
5. Toothbrush

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
1. Toothbrush.
2. Marvis toothpaste (paradise mint flavour)
3. Dove anti-perspirant (cool essentials flavour)
4. Acca Kappa lipchap.
5. Neutrogena dry touch sunblock.
6. Rubis tweezers.

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
I can't live without on a daily basis:

1. Tweezers
2. Q-tips
3. Toothbrush & toothpaste
4. Oil of Olay SPF 15 daily moisturizer
5. Roll-on deodorant
6. Hair elastics
7. Hand cream
8. Shampoo & conditioner
9. Soap
10. A razor

I'm so not picky about name brands... but if I couldn't do basic grooming everyday with the above I'd lose my mind pretty quickly.

sugar

TRIBE Member
FUCK. I meant to say let's limit it to 5 items. Otherwise I would've gone on and on...

How could I forget hair elastics??? I'd go mental without them. Though I guess I could fashion one out of a leaf stem. Yes! That'd work. I didn't put toothpaste cuz I figured you could invent some paste out of mint leaves (which would of course grow wild on the island ;)). I figure a razor could be eliminated from my list by including tweezers (no, shaving my brows is not an option), and by the fact that you could maybe invent some sort of wax/sugar using tree sap. Soap could be made from....hmm...dunno. Lard?

JESuX

TRIBE Member
pour moi:

1) T A M P O N S.

2) garnier facial wash
3) vanilla mint toothpaste
4) pantene 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner (which would double as body wash)
5) a lifelong supply of lip smackers roll on shiner in va-va-vanilla

other than that - i'm on a dessert island. who cares! :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ila

TRIBE Member
1. tweezers
2. aveno calming face lotion for sensitive skin with spf 15
3. mitchum clean deodorant/antiperspirant in shower fresh scent
4. tampons
5. toothbrush and freaking paste

but that is so bare minimum it is unfair

I also need:

6. mac blush in honour
7. mac eyebrow fill in taupe
8. kerastase in the green bottles
9. neutrogena rain bath
10. mac prolash

undercover_girl

TRIBE Member
1. Toothbrush & Arm & Hammer Mint toothpaste (US version)
2. L'Occitane Shampoo & Conditioner
3. Biotherm cream anti-perspirant
4. Blistex
5. Neutrogena Dry Touch sunblock 30 SPF

I'm torn about number 5 as the sunblock is the responsible thing to bring but I would prefer to have my SpectroGel facewash with me.

cabbagetowngirl

TRIBE Member
1. tweezers
2. secret "vanilla sparkle" deoderant
3. Burt's Bees lip balm
4. Kiehl's SPF 15 block
5. Hair and toothbrush

There are soooo many more but the limit is 5....I have 6, but who's counting? :)

chooch

TRIBE Member
1. goat milk soap
2. boar bristle hair brush
3. tweezers and mirror (because you can't have one without the other!)
4. mosturizer with high spf
5. toilet paper!

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
1. Hair elastics
2. Daily moisturizer w/ SPF 30
3. Toothbrush (w/floss and toothpaste)
4. Vaseline intensive care body moisturizer
5. Some form of 2 in 1 shampoo

And then I'd roll Chooch for her tp and someone else for tweezers! :p

sugar

TRIBE Member
- we won't need tampons cuz no one has said any form of birth control, so we'd all be either knocked up or breastfeeding at all times, so no bleeding! :p

- we can use leaves for toilet paper

- we won't need blush since we'll be perpetually tanned due to constant sun exposure

- good call on the mirror

- I forgot about floss and shampoo and conditioner

Maybe if we all were stranded together, we could share our arsenals :)

chooch

TRIBE Member
LoL! Let's hope it is an endless roll...since i'm the only one with!

knowing my luck if i used leaves i'd be picking something that would give me a bad rash!

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
Big leaves could be toilet paper, the water/ocean could be our mirror, and yes soap could be fashioned out of lots of stuff I suppose... maybe the lard from the wild boars we'd catch!

But I forgot one thing that I would give up at least 7 things on my list for: CARMEX. The stuff is crazy addictive, but I NEVER EVER go to sleep without it. The little yellow pot is SACRED.

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Keep the tp ..... we'll just train some wild parrot to peck the eyes out of intruders!

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
1. tea tree oil
2. some kind of liquid soap that I could use for anything (body, face, hair, clothes, dishes), maybe Oil of Olay body wash
3. lip balm with SPF 30
4. moisturizer with SPF 30
5. Mitchum deodarant/anti-persperant

- I would make a toothrbush from a fresh stick by breaking it and using the frayed stuff. Then I'd at least have a fresh brush every day while yours got all smelly and ratty. I would use the tea tree oil as toothpaste (historically it was used for that)
- I would fashion a hair brush from sticks or porcupine quills, and just use some kind of oil as conditioner... like the avocados growing wildy around
- When I had my period, I would just swim in the ocean all day. haha
- the tea tree oil could be used to wash my face when diluted with water
- I would make a blade/knife from a stone or some metal, and use that as a razor
- I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be using tweezers on a deserted island... if I REALLY wanted to, I would just pull the hairs out with my fingers, or I could make tweezers.
- I would use randomn material to wrap my hair up, or tie it up with vines and/or fresh bark

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:

i wouldn't recommend this. you'd attract sharks! :O

lol at Jesux being on a dessert island!

also... the only stones that would make good blades are flint and obsidian (volcanic glass). you can flintknap either and get a very shart edge - you just have to learn how. then you'd just need a large billet to flintknap with - has to have the proper weight to it (i've flintknapped, which is why i know this)

good call on the frayed stick. they do this on survivor, too
you could use pieces of glass washed up ashore, but you wouldn't get much more than a blade the size of an arrowhead out of it. which is better than nothing, though.

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
smokeyeyes said:
i wouldn't recommend this. you'd attract sharks! :O

lol at Jesux being on a dessert island!

also... the only stones that would make good blades are flint and obsidian (volcanic glass). you can flintknap either and get a very shart edge - you just have to learn how. then you'd just need a large billet to flintknap with - has to have the proper weight to it (i've flintknapped, which is why i know this)

you could use pieces of glass washed up ashore, but you wouldn't get much more than a blade the size of an arrowhead out of it. which is better than nothing, though.

good call on the frayed stick. they do this on survivor, too

makes more sense now

sugar

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
- I would make a toothrbush from a fresh stick by breaking it and using the frayed stuff. Then I'd at least have a fresh brush every day while yours got all smelly and ratty. I would use the tea tree oil as toothpaste (historically it was used for that)
- I would fashion a hair brush from sticks or porcupine quills, and just use some kind of oil as conditioner... like the avocados growing wildy around
- the tea tree oil could be used to wash my face when diluted with water
- I would make a blade/knife from a stone or some metal, and use that as a razor
- I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be using tweezers on a deserted island... if I REALLY wanted to, I would just pull the hairs out with my fingers, or I could make tweezers.
- I would use randomn material to wrap my hair up, or tie it up with vines and/or fresh bark

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Good thinking, girl :)