1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

derrick ramirez AKA DEZ

Discussion in 'Techno Room' started by terrawrist III, Aug 31, 2003.

1. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

All I know is that he's from detroit and is on transmat...what does he play like??...

he's at element as part of restructured so im very curious...is it worth the trip to TO.

2. JGirlP

JGirlP TRIBE Member

Oh no! Has anyone gotten back to you yet?

Greg Gow alone is worth the trip!!!! But you'll get dirty Detroit Dez with his smooth latino styleez on top of that AND some local talent AND more. I'll say it's well worth the trip my friend. Where are you located by the way?

J

3. JGirlP

JGirlP TRIBE Member

I guess that didn't really answer your question though did it? Hmm to characterize his style...I guess I'd describe him as very Detroit, reminiscent of Rolando, but he really blends well with Greg and his style of mixing. Sometimes they tear it up by dropping three records each going back to back. If you want groove and soul with your beats and kicks come and check it out tonight. :D

J

4. terrawrist III

that was a great description...actually you had me at ROLANDO!

definetly going tonight (im being forced anyways) but im glad that's cleared up...couldn't really find too much info on him on google

are you going?

5. JGirlP

JGirlP TRIBE Member

yah I'm going, leaving soon actually.

see y'all tonight...

J

6. terrawrist III

describe yourself...always nice to meet new tribers out and about!

7. JGirlP

JGirlP TRIBE Member

hmmm....I hang by the booth and watch the djs and dance. :)

you'll knows me when you sees me...

8. terrawrist III

look for the partygal...gotcha!

9. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

so how was it? i was supposed to drop by, but due to various circumstances things got pushed back later and later.... until lo it was 5am and i had not stepped foot inside a club!

10. JGirlP

JGirlP TRIBE Member

It was a great night. Greg Gow never disappoints. Always sets the tone for the night. Last night it was for banging shake ya ass groove and soul Techno....Dez dropped some classics, and hit the decks hard, literally, made them bounce under his lightning fast hands.

And then.

senor Louis Vega. Whom I've never before witnessed behind the tables, stepped up and made me do a complete 360!! I was thinking of leaving when Dez was packing it in but then Vega came on and re-eductated me on how hard and deep Techno can be. I guess this brudda is from Chicago? I gots to find out more about him.

All in all, it was a great night...

see y'all...

(arthur comes home tomorrow yaaaaah!!! :)

11. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

^^ Frankie Vega !!

Sorry to missed out on this...moving Mr. Torrance up to London, but fortunately got to hang out and drink beers with Frankie and Matt Nee prior to playing at System Saturday!!

Cool guys:)

and good djs!

sd/

12. JGirlP

JGirlP TRIBE Member

Thanks for the correction Dougie :D (too much Chimay)

I missed you last night. Sorry I didn't make it out to System on Saturday. I heard you tore things up. Nice going bruddah.

xox

J

13. dsp909

dsp909 TRIBE Member

frankie vega
    that's the guy that runs that cool new label called uppercut right?

think mark eg did #2. solid release.

14. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

^ yepe.... Mateo Murphy's release on Uppercut is pretty phat aswell... :)

sd/

15. villa_S

villa_S TRIBE Promoter

I think it was Matt that played after...don't think Vega was up for it...they were knackered after doing DT Friday@ Friction (a night worth checking) System on Sat... Greg described it almost industrial sounding...electroish too. Speaking to them on Sunday, they were saying that they play almost exclusively NA labels...so it gives you a strong sense of the talent and solid foundation of new labels coming thru.

Vega runs Uppercut, Blueline as well as a distribution company. Matt has Kompute....They also do stuff as Bora Bora on Complete (Deitich S distro) I believe...

I thought the night should have done better...but the competition was feirce, let alone it being the last chance for cottage w/ends..I enjoyed the tunes...Greg moved swiflty from deep into some solid pounding stuff...dez was dropping some hits, and definitely showed his skills ( he runs Transmat for Derek M, as well as doing movement this year)

16. teknophreak

teknophreak TRIBE Member

soundz like I really missed another phat partee @ Element BAr..

i was really looking forward to Sunday nite since it was the end of my vacation and all and I wanted to do wuz partee it up with my freindz proper! Plus i could've got in for free! (Still kickin' myself in the ass) At least i got to see Adam X!

i was hyped up about hearing the Kompute guys from the windy city and of course all the good locals..Greg, Kf etc...

i sorta backed out in the very last minute to HANG wit my husband/and his buddies and play some pool. which was alirght but dang i wuz in the mood for the techno that Julia mentioned^^some times you have to make sacrifices! my husband gets sick of JUST going to tech events. yada,yada!

well i am sure i will see most of you out @ harvest Festival for the official summers end, if NOT before that!

cya around Anna :cool:

17. mattt416

mattt416 TRIBE Member

what happened to detor? are they still around?

18. Da grunj

Da grunj TRIBE Member

I know its been fixed, but it took a triple read with an absolute baffled-grunjie-brain to figure this out!

Whoa,
    GRj

19. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

No they pulled the plug unfortunately...

lets say retired :(

ez,

sd/