• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Derrick May

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Wow back in the day, there would have been a ten page thread with fighting amongst the community.

fuck nobody cares

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Wow back in the day, there would have been a ten page thread with fighting amongst the community.

fuck nobody cares
Trying to follow here...

Are you saying you miss the days when people in the community would argue - online - about about whether Derrick May is a predatory piece of shit?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Power corrupts!

giphy.gif

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Could be Derrick May is guilty. Could be Derrick May doesn’t have the 10Gs. I’ll let the courts decide, rather than a social-media pile-on. ...and if @ravinjunkie has empirical evidence to support the guilt of the accused in an ongoing criminal investigation - she should share it with the authorities, rather than tossing out her disgust at the silence of rational, 3rd and 4th party people on a message board.

...and no - fame and power are not definitive precursors to abuse, of ANY kind. Most successful people got there by working hard and minding their reputations.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Could be Derrick May is guilty. Could be Derrick May doesn’t have the 10Gs. I’ll let the courts decide, rather than a social-media pile-on. ...and if @ravinjunkie has empirical evidence to support the guilt of the accused in an ongoing criminal investigation - she should share it with the authorities, rather than tossing out her disgust at the silence of rational, 3rd and 4th party people on a message board.

...and no - fame and power are not definitive precursors to abuse, of ANY kind. Most successful people got there by working hard and minding their reputations.
Yo, fuck Derrick May. I personally know ppl here in Toronto with stories about him. No lie.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Yo, fuck Derrick May. I personally know ppl here in Toronto with stories about him. No lie.
I personally know people here in Toronto who have a shit-load of stories about LOTS of visiting DJs and celebrities. I have a few myself.

...but I’m not gonna do an internet pile-on and crucifixion and I’m certainly not going to judge anyone else for remaining silent on social media, whilst privately doing the right thing.

Don’t muddy the waters of justice with 3rd party conjecture. It doesn’t hold up in court. To the contrary, it often leads to a miscarriage.

If you have facts, there’s an ongoing investigation. (416)222-TIPS

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I personally know people here in Toronto who have a shit-load of stories about LOTS of visiting DJs and celebrities. I have a few myself.

...but I’m not gonna do an internet pile-on and crucifixion and I’m certainly not going to judge anyone else for remaining silent on social media, whilst privately doing the right thing.

Don’t muddy the waters of justice with 3rd party conjecture. It doesn’t hold up in court. To the contrary, it often leads to a miscarriage.

If you have facts, there’s an ongoing investigation. (416)222-TIPS
There's an ongoing investigation? You have stories of sex crimes?

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
There's an ongoing investigation? You have stories of sex crimes?
If I had “stories of sex crimes”, you can sure as shit bet that they wouldn’t be posted on here. I’d go straight to the investigating authorities. ...and those dropping pile-on, internet justice would do well to do the same. ;)

You get that number? 416-222-TIPS

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
If I had “stories of sex crimes”, you can sure as shit bet that they wouldn’t be posted on here. I’d go straight to the investigating authorities. ...and those dropping pile-on, internet justice would do well to do the same. ;)

You get that number? 416-222-TIPS

Thought so.