1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Derrick Carter @ FW

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Rage, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

Well, none of us could get in and we were there just after 11, waited about 45 min without moving until they said it was at capacity, one in, one out so we jetted over to Revival....please tell me it was just a normal night of Derrick killing it, not epic...so I don't feel even worse :(

2. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

Derrick Carter is one of the few djs who consistently delivers epic sets every time he plays here, but out of his last three sets @ Footwork (Nov/2008, July 2009, and last night) - I would say last night's set was my favorite. The place was super packed but quickly forgotten thanks to DC's trademark thumping rhythm.

3. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

It was friggen awesome, I'm uploading some video right now.

Dale got it going real good, Gleeson kept it rocking and the DC killed it! Dancefloor was rammed with movers and shakers from the moment I got there.

4. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

5. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

i showed up at 3 and got in okay. only heard the last hour. it was some of the most solid spinning i've heard in months.

6. mixupmixup

mixupmixup TRIBE Member

ya, this was FUN! :cool:

7. sentence

sentence TRIBE Promoter

so many highlights but this one was definitely my favourite.. one of my all time favourite house jams!

as mentioned above.. hit capacity just after 11 and Derrick was on point with his signature style and sound. There's really no other dj that I can think of that does what he does. So busy behind the decks, constantly looping and sampling and layering tracks. I'm curious about how many tracks he managed to squeeze in to the 3+ hours he was on for. Crazy. He also played a great MJ Off The Wall remix that I haven't heard before...killer!

8. sentence

sentence TRIBE Promoter

Some pics courtesy of Andre M...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sentence

sentence TRIBE Promoter

10. soapy

soapy TRIBE Promoter

that was mental! i felt like i was at the Government with the $30 cover and waiting that long to get in. we actually waited an hour and half in line but we werent about to leave so we made a bunch of friends and ordered a pizza. when we finally got in the wait was worth it! DC was raping the place with Chicago house on roids. Sneak was feeding him tracks which he was mixing in every 20-30 seconds and the place was blowing up! best set i've heard by DC for sure. i cant remember who the guy closing was but that was pretty epic too! oh yeah and the bar tender on the right side was an ass clown.

11. desklight

desklight TRIBE Member

yo is that Sneak?? too bad I missed this

12. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

I think Sneak wants to eat Derrick Carter.

13. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I gotta say after thru all those pics on facebook, everyone looks seriously revolting in them.

14. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

you're pure jokes.
    it's called having a good time.
    you should try it.

15. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

until you post a recent pic of yourself, your aesthetic criticizing privileges have been revoked

Signed,

the management

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  16. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Dirty Dale

Mike Gleeson

Derrick Carter

17. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

18. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

19. dabeats

dabeats TRIBE Member

great footage as usual watcher! someone please tell me the set was recorded. :)

20. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

21. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

the pictures are pretty horrible. Andre is normally much better than that.
    thanks for the vids Nico!

22. G.Cue

G.Cue TRIBE Promoter

Wicked footage!

We saw Derrick disconnect his recorder after his set, so look out for it on his pages.

23. sugar

sugar TRIBE Member

I've seen DC more times than any other out of town DJ, and consistently delivers. This time was one of the best. Everyone went totally crazy to that mix of Red Alert, including me. I got there at about 5 to 11, and waited a total of one minute in line. Then within 20 minutes they were completely at capacity. A great night!

24. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

respect nicky for the vids (i still can't get over you having a full head of hair *chuckles*)

looks like i missed a boatload of MIA tribers :^\ (kung po beef, librad and some other rippers whom i'm sure don't want to be mentioned on tribe.. lawl... and etc... hola)

also, the crowd looks (from the snaps anyways) right sketchy hehe

25. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member