• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Derrick Carter @ Fabric!?

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
so i noticed DC is coming to town on the 19th... playing at Fabric for the grand opening. does anyone know what to expect with this place? if it's just another Sonar then i'm not bothering..

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
ah fuck it, i'm in! it is derrick carter afterall..and he hasn't been to vancouver in over 3 years... gotta show the love!

:D

eskayo

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I sucked it up too and bought my ticket on Tuesday... fingers crossed that they'll run the venue a little better!

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
yep, same old sonar.... complete with busted toilet pipes (causing miniature floods), broken doorstalls and $4 coat check! though they did manage to incorporate some "fabric" into their theme by hanging some white cloths from the ceiling... bravo sonar, bravo. :rolleyes:
the dj booth remains on the same wall, just higher up on the platform. a good move imo.. creates more of an intimate dancefloor space, rather then just people standing around up there.
and btw, carter fucking destroyed the place. bring him back, and I shall be there! :D