• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Depeche Mode fans

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
What an amazing show, we bailed at "Just Cant Get Enough" and danced our way to grab a cab to relieve her mom who was watching Parker. We had a great time!

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
some very wasted little guy was beside us, just falling all over the place. Here, you can hear him yelling "personal jesus!!!" he went nuts and fell down numerous times during this one.

[YOUTUBE]3dv-t7rYXfg[/YOUTUBE]

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
many of us were annoyed with his antics - but none more than his friend who constantly had to babysit him, and control his swaying / eventual falling. I'm sure that his hangover was punishment enough. lol

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I wonder why they haven't played People Are People live in 25 years (not since 1988 says Setlist.fm)

the fuck?

such a great song

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Good point - this was my first DM show, and I thought they would play it. They still played a solid show without it though!

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
to be fair to the live act, there are a lot of odd sounds and samples that just don't lend itself to the rest of their work - especially in a live setting. And we know how confused North America remains when it comes to hearing a sound that they can't attribute to a specific musical instrument. :D

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Dude I think I was sitting in front of you and we had a bunch of awkward eye contact moments but never said anything. My bad. :(
Really? Man. I was busy taking care of a really drunk wife and a really drunk female friend. My hands were full. My eye contact moments were mostly hoping that no one would throw them out.

You can always say hi to me....

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Here they are, the video is not the greatest but they sound fine
[YOUTUBE]TLmEVUtoPQ4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]5eXWaY2ALIM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]mqsTSealROA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]7bMHQZX0jRE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]DYioaE4PdiI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]78DrngIrNrw[/YOUTUBE]

billy

TRIBE Member
I wonder why they haven't played People Are People live in 25 years (not since 1988 says Setlist.fm)

the fuck?

such a great song
A few articles have noted that they really don't like the song.

However, how awesome was it to hear But Not Tonight? Sure it was a stripped down version but they've never performed it prior to this tour. Everyone singing along was beautiful.

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
Im curious, can you buy a live recording of their set? Probably could just google this.....
I would definitely buy a recording of this concert. I had an absolute blast! The new album was much better than the critics were saying IMO.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
DM's releasing their entire album catalog on 180 gram vinyl.
First four titles coming this Monday (UK) / Tuesday (US).
More details soon…
baconpan