• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

deodorant or anti-perspirant?

jared k

TRIBE Member
which do you rock?

and for the people who say "neither" - just because you can't smell yourself, it doesn't mean you don't stink.

The Peej

TRIBE Member
Deodorant all the way. Anti-perspirant feels unnatural and I frequently have to heed the "discontinue use if rash persists" warning when using anti-perspirant.

I prefer this:

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Usually nothing, but when I know I'll need it I use deoderant spray.

When I used to be a regular at the gym I was doing dumb bell presses and wasn't wearing deoderant.......I loved the look on people's faces when they walked by.......that being said I left not too long after since I was a regular and didn't want too much of a rep

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I wear deodorant but it's buck harder to find.

the one I'm using now, old spice red zone says it's both....which is best I guess.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I use Green Beaver

Green Beaver SPORT 24 deodorants go beyond long-lasting protection.
Soothes sensitive and damaged skin due to shaving with shea butter,
witch hazel and aloe.

Available in five natural fragrances from Mother Nature’s garden (lavender, citrus, tea tree, rosewood, wild yam). An unscented natural deodorant is also available.

Our natural deodorants do not contain aluminum chlorohydrate, artificial fragrance, dyes, parabens, preservatives, triclosan or other unwanted artificial ingredients.

source: http://www.greenbeaver.com/en/naturaldeodorant.htm

They are also a Canadian company.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Most anti-perspirants use aluminum salts as an active ingredient, which has been linked to various cancers as well as Alzheimer's. That being said, there has been contrary evidence which suggests that there is no added risk by using aluminim salt products.

I go the safe(r) route and use deoderant.

spaboy

TRIBE Member
IgStar said:
alot of dudes like this Old Spice stuff eh?
If you're 65!

They've tried to get 'hipper' with their new deodorants ect. but They didn't fool me :) it always was shit & still is

IgStar

TRIBE Member
lol

I ask b/c already a few people in here have posted it, and the guys I know all pretty much sport it. I thought it was kinda weird too, but hey..I'm a chick. I don't know shit about old spice deodorant.

AshG

there's absolutely no evidence that deodorant or anitperspirant use, or even of any of the aluminum-based compounds found in these, have any causal or even highly suspect correlation with cancers.

the extremely weak and highly suspect evidence that might suggest that the above could possibly be untrue holds equally for deodorants and antiperspirants. so if you want to worry about something that has no basis in fact, i'd say its worthwhile worrying about both equally, just for equality sake.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
AshG said:
there's absolutely no evidence that deodorant or anitperspirant use, or even of any of the aluminum-based compounds found in these, have any causal or even highly suspect correlation with cancers.

the extremely weak and highly suspect evidence that might suggest that the above could possibly be untrue holds equally for deodorants and antiperspirants. so if you want to worry about something that has no basis in fact, i'd say its worthwhile worrying about both equally, just for equality sake.
fuck that, pseudo-science and privately-funded research ftw!

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Anti-perspirant irritates the shit out of my skin. Therefore, I have to lean towards not good for you (although it could just be how I react)

You're supposed to sweat!

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
truthfully, there are so many tumor/cancer causing agents in my day to day life i don't give a shit about that...but the Al/zinc/zirconium in antiperspirant will stain your white shirts which is unacfuckingceptable

l'eau d'issey homme de-od is the biz.
also, conveniently small enough to not be jacked when you go through TSA screening at the airport

honorable mentions:
perfect for summer

all day long: