• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dental Questions...

Boo

TRIBE Member
I've been having problems with my gums recently. Swelling up and stuff. I don't know if its wisdom teeth related or not but I want to get it checked out.

My question is this... I don't have a dental plan, and I don't think I'm under my dad's plan or anything... I'm too old. So how much will I have to pay for an appointment?

I don't got the cash to pay hundreds of dollars.
 

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
swollen gums is probably a sign of gingivitis.
you'll at the least need a cleaning, which will probably run you from 60 to 120$
 

Boo

TRIBE Member
either that or scurvy right :)

I use my listerine and brush regualrly... arg why now :(
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
if you have not been in a while they will prolly also take x-rays + $100.

talk to your dentist, most of them have seperate rates for people who are not covered by insurance.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boo

TRIBE Member
Ya I haven't been in a while. I should have, but never really thought about it. I've always had dental insurance through work or school or my dad... just don't right now. Ya if I have to get my wisdom teeth done too, this could cost thousands.

Plus I want to get all gold caps put on :D
 

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
holy fuck..i never realized it cost so much. no wonder my parents make me go in order to stay under the dental plan. otherwise i woulda stopped forever ago..i hate the dentist..all that poking and sharp things in your mouth...ugh.

and boo..it does sound like gingivitis. alhtough you may brush regularily..its started by a plaque build up. which you would need to go to a dentist 2 times a year for to make sure it didnt happen. are your gums bleeding?
 

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
Ya if I have to get my wisdom teeth done too, this could cost thousands.

i have coverage, and still had to pay over $1000 to get em out.

"Lisa needs braces, Dental PLan. Lisa needs braces..."
 

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SUNKIST
holy fuck..i never realized it cost so much. no wonder my parents make me go in order to stay under the dental plan. otherwise i woulda stopped forever ago..i hate the dentist..all that poking and sharp things in your mouth...ugh.

and boo..it does sound like gingivitis. alhtough you may brush regularily..its started by a plaque build up. which you would need to go to a dentist 2 times a year for to make sure it didnt happen. are your gums bleeding?

I hate the dentist too. I didn't even get a cavity till I was 16, but I still almost cried when they were drilling. :) I do think its gingivits though. They're really senstive and they've bled a couple times when I brushed them the last couple days. I've also been brushing like 4 times a day recently too.

I'm gonna talk to my dad... see what my options are. Maybe there's a Dr Nick type dentist out there who does work in back alleys for $5 because he's a sadist and enjoys inflicting pain.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
Don't forget to get "PLAYAH" incrusted in diamonds.

I have a huge 4 finger ring that has diamonds and says PLAYAH :D

I don't want to look tacky, just the regualar diamonds will do, and a necklace that says pimp ;)
 

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo


I have a huge 4 finger ring that has diamonds and says PLAYAH :D

I don't want to look tacky, just the regualar diamonds will do, and a necklace that says pimp ;)
haha.
Bling, Bling
 

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
My dentist has a bust of himself in his waiting room. I figure anybody who would do that is either insane or takes pride in his work.
 

HMP

TRIBE Member
i'd recommend going to a school of dentistry at the u of t, or york and seeing if they have interns who provide services. i've heard they do, and that they charge a fraction of what doctors charge. all work is done under supervison. ack, good luck.

i suppose it's a bit like recommending discount brain surgery, but there's few alternatives for people without coverage.
 

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HMP
i'd recommend going to a school of dentistry at the u of t, or york and seeing if they have interns who provide services. i've heard they do, and that they charge a fraction of what doctors charge. all work is done under supervison. ack, good luck.

i suppose it's a bit like recommending discount brain surgery, but there's few alternatives for people without coverage.

Thanks :)

I wonder if they have Dentistry at MAC? Its like around the corner, might be worth a try.

I'm also considering posing as my brother and going in as him because I think he's covered under my dad.

......oh and I'll post a pic of bleeding gums murphy when I have more time ;)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top