1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dennis Ferrer at Sunnyside!

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by mushroom, Sep 7, 2010.

1. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

What a great party!! So many happy, friendly faces there!

Never been to a jam at Sunnyside before and it did not disappoint. We danced non-stop from the moment we got in there. Ferrer was great, played a good mix of music.

Did anyone make it to the afterparty? We thought about it but decided to call it a night when the party ended just after 3. Apparently he showed up around 4 and played for a bit!! Wish we went now.

All in all, it was a great night!!

2. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

was gushing about the jams in nobody cares yesterday. fantastic cuts from beginning to end. no lame deep house anywhere in the night. a few choice sing alongs (tribe called quest got brought the whole place together), and otherwise a wonderful cross section of 80's/90's classics from NYC/Chicago/Detroit genres (and beyond).

total win for this. hadn't been out in toronto since, well beyond some booze cans, in... hmmmm... the winter? Good times. Hanged with ppl I hadn't seen in years. Loved it.

side note: JAMES ST BASS WAS IN THE HOUSE!

3. erika

erika TRIBE Member

This was the best possible last jam of the summer at Sunnyside party: we got there quite late, and danced until we couldn't anymore. Everybody happy, no overwhelming jerks, all good.
    A million thanks to those who take the time and effort to throw a party in this wonderful space.

We didn't go to the afterparty because, well, there were a couple of other options and I have to admit I was wary of going to an after-party announced on the PA at the main party - I think I like them more on the sly than that... :)

4. mmm

mmm TRIBE Member

After party was good. While there were your typical after-hour-club douchebags, enough people came over from Sunnyside to balance the scales and make the vibe better. There were A LOT of dudes though. Cocktoberfest! Music was good, but nothing special. It was rumoured that Dennis Ferrer would come and play, though I don't know whether he did or not.

5. erika

erika TRIBE Member

The one I went to was fun - Nacho Lovers were playing :)

6. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

I gotta remember to use this one liner.

7. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I had a good time, music was solid, the crowd was fantastic and the venue is tops.

only 2 complaints - WTF is with venues turning down the sound?
    - it should have went till the wee hours in the morning

8. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

Yeah, Pat did mention it when they pulled the plug at Sunnyside. But my buddy ended up going to the boozecan after being at another party. And he did mention that Ferrer was spinning.

9. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

hadn't planned on going so didn't get guestlist....
    changed mind at last minute and biked down to the water at 1am.

paid $30 for 2 hours of music, but it was wellllllll worth it. holy shit was he ever good.

you know it's gonna be a good night when you roll up and the Henrik Schwarz' remix of Omar's 'Im Feelin You' is blasting away!!!

10. sam

sam TRIBE Member

DESTRO! Good to finally meet you at the lil' pre-party!! :)

11. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

Likewise! Nice meeting you and your lady as well.

Great lil pre-party it was.