• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dell Sound defect (piece of crap)

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i have a dell.
i got it last summer.
apparently it has a defect regarding how the sound plays (not sure of this)
i had crappy sound for all of fall.
took it home and had a computer wiz fix it (by calling dell, they sent him a program which corrects the issue)
my computer worked fine....for a month.
i installed REALPLAYER...and now my compuyter has gone back to being crappy at playing music.

as far as I am concered this is a defective product.

does anyone else know of this problem i speak of?
how to fix it?
if i can get a refund on this piece of crap?
and why i can't get ahold of any dell support oh phone or on line?

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
i have a dell.
i got it last summer.
apparently it has a defect regarding how the sound plays (not sure of this)
i had crappy sound for all of fall.
took it home and had a computer wiz fix it (by calling dell, they sent him a program which corrects the issue)
my computer worked fine....for a month.
i installed REALPLAYER...and now my compuyter has gone back to being crappy at playing music.

as far as I am concered this is a defective product.

does anyone else know of this problem i speak of?
how to fix it?
if i can get a refund on this piece of crap?
and why i can't get ahold of any dell support oh phone or on line?
Define crappy...

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Dell Sound defect (piece of crap)

Originally posted by coleridge
Define crappy...
you know how on some computers when you have to much running, the song you are playing might sketch out, or crack. well, mine does that all the time, on every song...even if the only thing running on y computer is the media player.

i was told by the guy who helps me with my computer (but only when i am in ontario) that this is an issue with this particular make and model of DELL home computer.

if the program they give you to rectify the problem isn't a sure thing, and the problem persists, am i not entitled to a refund?

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
first of all get rid of real player.......who knows what it has done. Uninstall it, then see what happens.

If that doesn't work why not just buy yourself a new sound card off of Fleabay for like ten bucks?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
first of all get rid of real player.......who knows what it has done. Uninstall it, then see what happens.

If that doesn't work why not just buy yourself a new sound card off of Fleabay for like ten bucks?
apparently it's not teh sound card, it's the computer itself or something.

i think when i installed realplayer it reset the initial dell settings which are defective.

still...if i buy a computer that goes bonky everytime i want to do something new ith it, then said computer is a piece of crap!

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
apparently it's not teh sound card, it's the computer itself or something.

i think when i installed realplayer it reset the initial dell settings which are defective.

still...if i buy a computer that goes bonky everytime i want to do something new ith it, then said computer is a piece of crap!

Correct me if Im wrong, but would a new PCI sound card not operate completely differently from your onboard sound?

Honeslty though, get rid of Real Player. It has caused me a lot of grief over the years and you can get plugins to work with .rm files for other players.