• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

DELL question..

circle

TRIBE Member
1. I just ordered my inspiron 5150 online, how good are they at keeping their "estimated arrival time" it said that it should be arriving on Feb. 13th.

2. Does anyone here have any of the inspiron notebooks? Comments?

Thanks!

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
it will be there in 7-10 business days
they would have let you know if it was longer

(i worked for them.... that is for their corporate products anyway - i think the home line has the same eta though)

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
i have ordered from them before...2 computers... and they are pretty good with their time of delivery.
this is from a customer's point of view..

there is someone that works for them here apparently and posts often.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by circle
2. Does anyone here have any of the inspiron notebooks? Comments?
It is the worst notebook that I have ever used!!!

Now, don't you feel like an ass for buying it before asking for opinions.

Cheers ... Ian :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: DELL question..

Originally posted by Soundstream

hahaha.

circle

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: DELL question..

Originally posted by Soundstream

Not really.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I aviod dell like the plauge.

But thats just for Desktops.

Im sure their laptops arnt half bad, they have made quite a name for themselves, but if I were to buy a laptop, I'd prolly go the Toshiba route.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Chubbs
I aviod dell like the plauge.

But thats just for Desktops.

Im sure their laptops arnt half bad, they have made quite a name for themselves, but if I were to buy a laptop, I'd prolly go the Toshiba route.

their desktops are not bad.

so go eat a bag of hell...chumps.
;)

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
But even if you got an older model on sale, it still prolly costs more than a top of the line PC if you build it yourself.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
i have a one year old dell inspiron 8200 laptop and i really like it.

i bought the 3 year extended complete care warranty (or whatever its called) and like the piece of mind that if anything breaks for any reason they will fix or replace with a refurbished.

the only 'problem' i've had so far was a broken dvd rom and i forgot to take out my office space dvd before sending it and they refused to return the disc - more my fault than anyones, really.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Chubbs
But even if you got an older model on sale, it still prolly costs more than a top of the line PC if you build it yourself.

true.

but then if something goes wrong.. you don't have any guarantee...that with the money that you might be saving by not paying the full price you can get an extended guarantee.

regardless, very very very minimal problems with both of the ones we have in my house.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
they pretty much always will cost a fair bit more than a pc built from scratch. you are paying for support and warranty.

if you *can* build a PC yourself, and repair it, then it isn't worth it to buy a desktop from them. If not, or you can't be bothered, then it's a decent deal.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Depends if you know how to diagnose computer problems or not I guess.

If you dont know shit about PC's, buy a dell, they have great support, but prepare to pay out the ying yang for it.

If you know what your doing, build it yourself, you'll save a couple hundred bucks, and you wont have to wait for your PC to arrive at the door.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
I know some stuff about computers..not an incredible wealth of knowledge but I can figure out stuff.. so I like them 'cause they don't break down. So I don't have to invest time and money into fixing them.
First computer we ever had broke down a lot and had lots of problems..

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
I am running a Dell Inspiron 2650 and I have done lots of work at data centers for routers/servers and this machine has worked fine. I also use it for music and it works fine with no probs.. I have p4 1.6Ghz only to... Only thing I know I would have done better is to have ugraged models and got a better screan resolution to.

BTW we also run a 2.8GHz in the studio and its a serious machine. Defn better than I have seen most ppl build.. But not better than I can build ;)

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
I am running a Dell Inspiron 2650 and I have done lots of work at data centers for routers/servers and this machine has worked fine. I also use it for music and it works fine with no probs.. I have p4 1.6Ghz only to... Only thing I know I would have done better is to have ugraged models and got a better screan resolution to.

BTW we also run a 2.8GHz in the studio and its a serious machine. Defn better than I have seen most ppl build.. But not better than I can build ;)

Sweet!

I guess i'll be fine then, the one I ordered was the 5150. Mobile Intel Pentium 4 - 3.06ghz with HT technology (hyper threading).
Plus a got a "free" 512mb upgrade to go with 80gb ram.

Any suggestions on a good soundcard for music production?

zoo

TRIBE Member
i'm using a bottom-end DELL INSPIRON 1100

got it for $1000 [cheaper than anywhere else at the time] and it arrived during the week it was scheduled to arrive in

i'm happy with my purchase, i don't regret buying DELL

just prepare for $150 shipping charges

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
i'm using a bottom-end DELL INSPIRON 1100

got it for $1000 [cheaper than anywhere else at the time] and it arrived during the week it was scheduled to arrive in

i'm happy with my purchase, i don't regret buying DELL

just prepare for $150 shipping charges

They actually have a promo right now that only requires you to pay $10 for shipping w/ purchases of $2199 and up. :D

bitchass

TRIBE Member
at the beginning of december my roomate ordered a dell desktop with a 1.8 celeron, 60gb harddrive,128MB ram (that we upgraded ourselves later) including 17" monitor, keyboard, mouse - EVERYTHING needed for a first time owner for $399 including shipping.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by circle
They actually have a promo right now that only requires you to pay $10 for shipping w/ purchases of $2199 and up. :D

if i'm paying $2200 for a computer it better damn well include shipping