• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dell djs for cheap.... are they worth it?

Red Star Rising

TRIBE Promoter
factory direct has the 15 gig delll djs for under $150... are they any good? I heard they only work with music match... is there any firm ware for them other than what they come with? my cd player is dying... but i dunno if i should go the budget rout...

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Red Star Rising said:
factory direct has the 15 gig delll djs for under $150... are they any good? I heard they only work with music match... is there any firm ware for them other than what they come with? my cd player is dying... but i dunno if i should go the budget rout...
I have the 20gig one and don't have any complaints other than battery life is a tad short (about 7-8 hours). I use Dell DJ explorer (included) to drag and drop files/create play lists. I never even installed music match.

Then again, do a search for factory direct here and you'll find that quite a few people have had very bad experiences with "refurbished" products that don't work at all, and the return policy is garbage....