• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Deko-Ze @ Stereo

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Wow. What an amazing set! Classic Deko-Ze. Tons of energy, great tracks. Got to meet a bunch of cool new people from Toronto too who made the roadtrip for support.

Fuck did he ever sound so good on that system. Either Shorty hasnèt uninstalled his gear yet, or they tuned it in in time with new gear.

I *heart* techno @ Stereo

This wasnt quite techno though, more hard circuity house which was sooo much fun.

I really hope this nets Deko-Ze a regular gig in Montreal (although heès been playing Parking lots during the week), hopefully at Stereo :)

technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
YOU like circuit house?
Yes, yes I do. It's fun as hell given the right environment, the right friends and of course the odd nutritional supplement. I's akin to hullabaloo I guess. Not really music I would listen to at home or in my car...but out on a system like that...awesome.

You should know since you introduced me to it at Fly many years ago...

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I know, I'm just teasing. : )
I know. And I'm just being cracky.

And here you were worried about me first going partying with all your boys in Toronto at Fly. Pfft :p

Also of note is that last night was the first clubbing adventure for a new member of the little group here. One helluva party to start you into this mess of late nights and debauchery.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lurker

TRIBE Member
eLeKTRon said:
So was it just Deko-ze all night? How late did he spin?
No, there were other Montreal locals who was really good too! DekoZe played from around 6 until around 9 I think......

regardless, it was a lot more thumpin' and a lot less fluffy than I was expecting.

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
Oh, so it's much like his typical slamming Cozo sets. I call it hard tribal-tech (for lack of any neat pigeonhole label for it)

Last edited:

Lurker

TRIBE Member
eLeKTRon said:
Oh, so it's much like his typical slamming Cozo sets. I call it hard tribal-tech (for lack of any neat pigeonhole label for it)
Circuity-techno...or Circuitno as it was being called by people last night.

Well no, it wasn't actually. That sounds really dumb.

BassQueen

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
Circuity-techno...or Circuitno as it was being called by people last night.
Circuitno - that's awesome.
Deko-ze inspires a new EDM subcategory!

Good times and quality peeps;) in Montreal

He rocked that place, and it was great to watch the energy of the crowd from where I was standing. Big soundsystems are such a treat, as they make the music and experience so much more powerful. Everyone loved every minute of it. Stereo would be fools not to have him back. However, it seems they run a quality operation over there, and not the types to overlook greatness!

And If I am correct, Lurker, you joined us at the hotel after the party. Good laughs. We met years ago as well at Turbo. You the same guy?

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lurker

TRIBE Member
BassQueen said:
Circuitno - that's awesome.
Deko-ze inspires a new EDM subcategory!

Good times and quality peeps;) in Montreal

He rocked that place, and it was great to watch the energy of the crowd from where I was standing. Big soundsystems are such a treat, as they make the music and experience so much more powerful. Everyone loved every minute of it. Stereo would be fools not to have him back. However, it seems they run a quality operation over there, and not the types to overlook greatness!

And If I am correct, Lurker, you joined us at the hotel after the party. Good laughs. We met years ago as well at Turbo. You the same guy?
I wasn't at the hotel after the party but I was there before it...I heard buddy (can't remember his name, came from Toronto with you guys) was in kinda rough shape :D

Two of our gang went back to the hotel afterwards.

DanceAce

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
Two of our gang went back to the hotel afterwards.
I was one of the two back at the hotel.

All I have to say is good times were had by all at Stereo meets TO. It felt like the friggen cz in there with all the familiar faces. Dekoze threw down a hard set with very minimal fluff in it (thank god!). Not as packed as I would liked it to have been, but very good looking crowd.

Let's do a roadtrip back again!!!

ps. damn those pink stars!!!!