• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Degrassi High Question (Old School)

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
In the episode where Erica, one of the twins, goes to the abortion clinic, does she end up having the abortion or not?

Also, what happens to Wheels where he hitchhikes and gets his knee molested by that man? How does he get home, and why was he running away in the first place?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Wheels was running away because his dad wouldn't molest him and because the Zit Remedy wasn't allowed to play the school dance.

acheron

TRIBE Member
in the canadian version, yes, she does
in the american version, the episode ends as they sisters walk toward the clinic, you don't see them go inside.

Wheels got dumped out of the car or whatever and I *THINK* he hitchhiked home. He was running away to make his fortune as a loser dumbass, IIRC.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Wheels was going to Port Hope to meet his birth father (he was adopted) whose band was playing there. His adoptive parents didn't want him going. Not sure how he got back.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Erika has the abortion in the end.. (its a two part episode)

I'm pretty sure Wheels had to call his "real" parents to come and pick him up.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
wheels must have gotten a ride home from his grand parents as his real parents were killed in a car accident.

edit- beat me to it aphrodite

Shug

TRIBE Member
The wheels episode was a two parter as well... when he gets out of the molesters car, it ends in a cliff hanger, with him stranded in the scary highways of small town Ontario...

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
you guys must have seen the american version. In the canadian version the guy has sex with wheels, then drives him to port hope.

SJN

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
In the episode where Erica, one of the twins, goes to the abortion clinic, does she end up having the abortion or not?

acheron said:
in the canadian version, yes, she does
in the american version, the episode ends as they sisters walk toward the clinic, you don't see them go inside.

Acheron is right. The original (Canadian) version implied she had the abortion. But the U.S. refused to air it that way -- I believe some U.S. networks refused to air the episode at all, while other refused to air the end of the episode (i.e., they left the viewers hanging as to what actually happened). I think the "Canadian" version has since aired in the U.S., but it didn't originally.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I always remember it with the toy baby in the shot with Erica looking at it outside the clinic.

LeoGirl said:
Degrassi was aired in the US?

That's how Kevin Smith watched it. I'm pretty sure it played in the late 90's in Australia and parts of Europe.

dyad

TRIBE Member
of course even the americans would have figured it out when a later episode has Liz stalking Erica, vandalizing her locker with the word murderer and then they have a fight in the hall.

SJN

TRIBE Member
dyad said:
of course even the americans would have figured it out when a later episode has Liz stalking Erica, vandalizing her locker with the word murderer and then they have a fight in the hall.

that episode was not originally aired by at least one U.S. network, because it referred back to the abortion

dyad

TRIBE Member
SJN said:
that episode was not originally aired by at least one U.S. network, because it referred back to the abortion

ok i can see that happening, especially that episode in particular. of course erica is in the rest of the season obviously not pregnant so i stand by my assertion of people being able to figure it out.

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
dyad said:
yeah, erica unelashes the fucking fury on liz who we find out was almost aborted or something. i kept thinking it was kathleen for some reason, maybe cause she was always getting beat on by her boyfriend.
the real question is: who had worse hair--liz with the mad ugly chealsea or erica with that rats' nest of curls?

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
I always remember it with the toy baby in the shot with Erica looking at it outside the clinic.

That's how Kevin Smith watched it. I'm pretty sure it played in the late 90's in Australia and parts of Europe.

:confused: who's Kevin Smith?