• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Defrosting frozen shrimp - plz help now

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
ok - we have like lots of giant deeeeliolus shrimp and it is precooked and ready to go. but like it si frozen and so it has to be defrosted before we can enjoy r shrimp cocktails.

so - does anyone know if we can jsut defrost it in the microwave or will that fuck it up.

sorry to post on tribe but msn is not working and we have no idea who else to ask.....

anyone who can help it would be aprecitated......THANK YOU!!!!

originalSHRIMP

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

zee

TRIBE Member
don't microwave it

just put it in a container of water, luke-warm or even colder is fine.. you don't want to over cook the shrimp
running water over the shrimp works as well

in a couple minutes, it should be defrosted and ready to eat

deep

TRIBE Member
aw zee...I was hitting refresh incessantly just to drive up the page views and originalvibe insane ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
microwaves are evil....
everytime i attempted to defrost chicken...it partially cooked it.

go with zee's advice.

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by deep
aw zee...I was hitting refresh incessantly just to drive up the page views and originalvibe insane ;)

I dont need your help going insaine....im fine on my own with that tasc thank you very much.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by originalVIBE
the hot water turned them into like a rubbery shrimp.....disCUSTING.

So what you're saying is that they're now the perfect consistency for throwing at people's heads...

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by deep
So what you're saying is that they're now the perfect consistency for throwing at people's heads...

ya but we have plenty of things to throw at ppl's heads....

i took the remanding frozen shrimp and put them in a pool and in the fridge to defrost......should be good for tomroow - just in case u were wondering ;)

originalVIBE

TRIBE Promoter
ZEE: You are invited to the steak and shrimp party at casa d'vibe....in the mean time we r going to focus on Malibu as the odds of us fucking that up now r slim to none.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Preroller
they should be done under cold water in a sink for best results.

you sir, are correct

and considering how the shrimp fiasco is well over and done with

thought i'd add

any type of seafood frozen ought to be put under cold, running water, unless left in the fridge overnight to be thawed

FYI

'G

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Shrimp are the cockroaches of the sea. The only differences are because shrimp float around in water, whereas cockroaches float around on land... otherwise, they are the same-- hard shell, soft interior, three pairs of legs, antennae, etc.

cockroach-1.gif

shrimp.jpg