• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

defending your opinion...

quantumize

TRIBE Member
This thread is inspired by the "buying a condo" and "wedding" threads. It seems that the more time and money people invest in something the more strenuously they defend their position. Does this exhibit insecurity in your descision ?

If you thought about your position very thouroughly beforehand and you then invested a lot of time and money to achieve it, wouldn't you feel confident in your descision ? If people's opinion differs would you really even care ? And if you didn't put SERIOUS time and thought into a descision of this scope why did you make it at all ?

Just a thought
[ ...kinda wanna stir the pot too]

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Galactic Phantom said:
Initial I thought you weren't creepy, but over time my opinion has been swayed through various posts you've made.

are you willing to defend that position ?

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
theory of cognitive dissonance - if you invest a lot of time and money into something, and someone makes a good challenge to what you've done you feel discomfort and will probably go to great lengths to convince yourself (and others) that you've done the right thing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kmac

TRIBE Member
At work the other day, my coworker was going off about the new car she's going to buy and either intentionally or otherwise, put down the car I bought not too long ago.

I didn't really take it too personally because she's a fucking idiot and waaaaay older than me.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I find that many of the things that give me the most happiness cost less than ten dollars:

Creme Brule icecream in a wafflecone at Ed's Real Scoop
Roll of Astia transparency film
a Neiman Marcus cookie
a huge crunchy Mutsu apple, right out of the fridge
Ferry ride to the island on a nice summer day
#106 at Swatow
phad thai at the Riv (lunch menu)
New York Times Sunday edition

I also find that most of it is food related.... mmmmm

:rolleyes:

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yes, but Alexd, would you be able to enjoy those things as much as you do if you didn't have a roof over your head?

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
kmac said:
At work the other day, my coworker was going off about the new car she's going to buy and either intentionally or otherwise, put down the car I bought not too long ago.

I didn't really take it too personally because she's a fucking idiot and waaaaay older than me.

Seriously. Lots of the older people working in offices are so fucking retarded it's unbelievable. Makes me wonder if my parents are that clueless when they're at work.