• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Deep fried mars bars

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
i keep hearing about these and want to try one. Does anyone know a restaurant in the gta that serves them?

it sounded incredibly gross to me at first but now i'm intrigued!

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
they are awesome, but they only have 'em in Scotland as far as I know. I bet if you found a Fish and Chip shop with a Scottish proprieter he / she would gladly make ya one.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I think the CNE has them every year although I haven't been able to find the booth yet. If I had a deep fryer I'd make them myself. Mmm now I want deep fried ice cream.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
there have been a few threads about this over the years that named off a bunch of places that serve them. try searching and you should be able to find something.

or you could always make your own.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I will call the cloak and dagger tomorrow, thanks PF9K :D

Any other suggestions in case CD doesn't make them anymore???

Deep fried ice cream is AWESOME. We used to serve it at my old restaurant.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
They're not common place. The only time I've ever witnessed them being served in on Robbie Burns Day (Jan 25). I could recommend a spot but I'm in the wasteland called Ottawa.

They are pretty much what you'd expect - they are frozen and then dipped into batter and deep fried. Not bad to try, but an entire bar would easily kill an adult.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
There was a newspaper article awhile ago about a restaurant/pub in Toronto, where the dude would make deep-fried mars bars, and would also deep-fry anything you brough into the restaurant. This means you could get creative. His #1 seller, though, was deep-fried apple pie with ice-cream!

The name escapes me now, but it started with "Mc"... McGuinties or something like that.

Oh, this place does them too: British Style Fish & Chips
73 Coxwell Ave (entrance on Dundas St. E)

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Duke of Gloucester

649 Yonge St (upstairs)

Delicious!

(the key is...the mars bars have to be frozen before dipping in batter and cooking)