1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

deekline's world tour !!!

Discussion in 'Breaks Room' started by assassaint, Mar 13, 2010.

1. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

and nobody's bringing him to toronto?? what the FUCK is wrong with people?? his stuff is hotter than a bowl of fuck, BC is more than happy to have him more than once yet nobody in toronto found it necessary to bring him.

thats it, its 100% sure thing. breaks, as we know it, is dead.

douchebags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=749EQCewXFA

2. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

when we brought him you didnt even come lol.

3. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

i missed my share of talent, there's no doubt about that. but, even though he was awesome back then, right now..... jesus. farbs you gotta admit that right now deekline is at the top of his game and at the top of breaks game. you know how eclectic my taste is when it comes to breaks but i have NEVER been this excited, even aroused, about a breaks dj (in a totally non-sexual way lol). i'll even go that far to say that deekline/defkline is the best breaks dj of all times!!! all his songs are mental, all his collaborations are out of this world, all his projects are like...fuck, having benzo speak the truth in some songs??? thats mental. he's single handedly re-inventing the whole genre and he's doing a propper job.

and yet he's skipping the toronto on his tour. why? is that it??

maybe im just jaded, i dont fucking know but this doesnt feel right, at all. if he was this hot 3-4 years ago, he'd be here twice a year, minimum. everybody would be all over him. nowadays theres 2-3 dubstep jams every weekend and not a single one breaks !!!

i think its time to do something about that, before its too fucking late.

bring back d-monic !!!!!

4. DaPhatConductor

DaPhatConductor TRIBE Promoter

Why don't you bring him?

Get a couple homeys together and make it happen. Throwing parties isn't THAT hard...

5. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Yeah he's stopping by Revelstoke of all places, but it's on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, and I wake up just after 6:30am every morning which puts it pretty much out of the question.

6. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

i am more than willing and ready to do that but i wouldnt know where to start dylan. i have his booking contact but thats pretty much it. venue, promoters, this and that.... i dont wanna end up getting over my head in the industry that i know only how to consume and nothing about how to serve.

are you in town??

much love buddy, this just may be the kick in the ass that i needed to actually do something instead of only complaining !!!!

7. DaPhatConductor

DaPhatConductor TRIBE Promoter

I'm around til next wednesday... then it's off to BC to go slay some freaks.

Throwing a party isn't that hard. You should think about it man.

Get a partner with more experience and then:

1. Find Venue + Date that works with your artist.

2. Get Deekline's press pack and find someone with GOOD typography skills to make you a flyer.

3. Figure out some kind of viral promotion model, like exchanging DJ mixes for email addresses, or a cute icon that people who support the party can use on facebook. Make sure that people feel involved, and that there is a two way interaction with potential party goers.

4. Organize your email + contact lists to properly utilize the viral promo stuff (viral stuff isn't 'spam' to most people because it is relevant to their interests and voluntary). You need to book locals who are super on it in this regard, and are down to either promote with you, or even let you have access to their promo lists.

5. Have a publicist or someone who knows how to write good copy draft you a press release and send it out to blogs, radio shows, weeklies, anyone that will listen. The viral content is really important here as well.

6. Hold constant contests, giveaways, etc. to keep people talking about the party. Make it remarkable (ie something worth making remarks about) so that people continuously mention it to their friends.

7. Have some kind of cool 'last minute surprise' that gets people excited and talking even more on the week of...

8. Don't fuck anything up on the big night.

8. ghaleon

ghaleon TRIBE Member

hah very true

just getting ppl oto come out to them is another story

9. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

even Saskatchewan has their fucking act together enough to book this mofo.
    Farbsie...wasn't Deekline's last visit at a mega dj event at the Docks/ Sound Academy ?
    not impressed ...:(

10. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

no man, NOBODY gives a fuck about a regular joe like you or me. 7-8 months from now when deekline is raising tits all over the place, everybody is going to be all over him. but not now, noooo.

i need help over here????

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

bleh

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  12. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

thats exactly the kind of attitude im talking about.

for shame !!!

13. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

huh ?
    that seems to be the attitude of the promoters.
    not me.
    if i had the $ to front such an event, i'd be so fucking all over this.
    it's a win win situation, altho, since Breaks is so dead here in Toronto, i can see why there's a hold offedness to book someone who is huge in every other city but Toronto.
    Saskatchewan is putting us to shame.
    and that's sad.

14. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

yes the last time was at the docks with z-trip. Not sure what you werent impressed with cause it was one of the best booty sets Ive ever heard. We would happily book him but what you dont realize when you see all those dates out west is that they never even offered him out east. There are so many smaller places out west that love breaks. The problem here is that there are no cities around us that will help pick up the shows. Montreal is dead we tried to get shares on hiphop acts and they werent event down with that (tried about 15 promoters). halifax jumps on board every once in a while but only on sure things and only when they dont have to spend much money. That pretty much leaves the USA and artists typically do one country at a time unless they have a green card which is not the easiest thing to obtain.

15. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

my unimpressivedness wasn't towards that previous party.
    it's because Deekline hasn't been given the opportunity to swing by here now.
    he's kicking ass and taking names, and sadly Toronto hasn't called back.

Saskatchewan...
    ch33se

16. wakipaki

wakipaki TRIBE Member

saw deekline at shambhala, he was pretty good, didn't really play a lot of breaks though, mostly electro, maybe because he was on after jack beats and ac slayter (who slaaayed it)

nothing to get your panties in a bunch over though

17. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

worth re-posting.

18. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

why is that??

you made it to every single gig you've ever wanted to??

19. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

yes. yes i have. :D

but you should have seen the hipsterave comment a mile away though let's be honest.

act like you

act like you

act like you....know

:p :p :D :D

20. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

aw FUCK, it just got it.

wow im going dumb in my old age !!!!

21. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

we all are son. just git yer ass out to the breaks jams!!! FTW!! technics1200

22. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

dully noted !!!!

lol