• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

debate

angelsole

TRIBE Member
okay here's a good question for everyone: is it possible to have a threesome with your partner and a friend or stranger and still have a healthy positive relationship after the experience? or does it need to be between people who have no strong emotional ties? it's a question i have thrown around with friends a few times and i am looking for other opinions. have fun.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Yes. Some poeple do it successfully all the time.

But there is also the possibility that you lose your partner to the other.

That's the risk that is taken. I caught a show on swingers, and one couple said, that everytime is taking a chance that the partnet fall in love with the other.

You cant predict human behavior.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Everyone is going to answer differently.

Especially the Lyst's of the board ;)

But IMO, if I was going to have a 3-some with a girl I was in a relationship with... it'd have to be with a stranger.

Because that way there'd be no weird moments after that day when hanging out with that person again...

But I'd still be reluctant to do it with someone whom I was totally in love with. I guess I'm a wee bit jealous at times and not always wanting to share them in that aspect.

But if it was just some girl I was dating... let the good times roll :p

But I never could answer this 100% until it actually happened or was proposed.

pr0nstar

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Every relationship has it's "rules". And a healthy relationship will remain healthy if both parties will always communicate to each other and have a continous agreement to their "rules".

Having said that, if BOTH individuals are completely honest with each other and think they will be able to conduct that, then yes.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Not only is it possible, but Mongo firmly believes these helps create a healthy, stronger, and more loveing relationship.

I mean the more people there is to love, the more love there is?

This eventually leads to the following:
a new wardrobe
a moustache
love beads
medallion
chest hair
its a whole new lifestyle!

Last edited by a moderator:

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
NO TIES...

never took part but that's almost a common sense choice to make

what do you mean common sense?

(ps. i'm finally going to the hooch this saturday)

angelsole

TRIBE Member
this was actually a question in the NOW sex survey i believe...so far most people here are far from the norm...good job!

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by angelsole
this was actually a question in the NOW sex survey i believe...so far most people here are far from the norm...good job!

People on Tribe, normal... LOL!

Now that's a funny statement!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
According to the School of Tantra
SWINGERS & ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLES section
Two Ladies & A Man
by: Sasha Lessin, Ph. D. & Janet Kira Lessin

"Dr. Sasha and Janet teach you the Art of Poly Etiquette and help you fine-tune the energies in your special dance of two ladies and a man. Enhance your communication skills so that each of you can effectively deliver to the others all your desires and needs and synergize your various energies into a larger epiphany. "

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
what do you mean common sense?

(ps. i'm finally going to the hooch this saturday)

the "what if..." questions are too insane to think of when bringing a GF/BF into this situation...If I were to take part in one, I would be a suingle guy who found a girl who has a friend or vice versa...it would be a bad move IMO to bring a loved one into it because the possibilities are too much to handle after it's said and done...it's a major risk is what im saying

and YAY!...HOOOOOCH!...see you on the floor :D

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
ewww special dance

ewww swingers

I always imagine bad mustaches and too much caressing and not enough bang bang.

Alita

TRIBE Member
It's totally possible.

You just have to be very clear about what is expected among everyone and trust those people involved.

...not that I would know or anything

angelsole

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD
According to the School of Tantra
SWINGERS & ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLES section
Two Ladies & A Man
by: Sasha Lessin, Ph. D. & Janet Kira Lessin

"Dr. Sasha and Janet teach you the Art of Poly Etiquette and help you fine-tune the energies in your special dance of two ladies and a man. Enhance your communication skills so that each of you can effectively deliver to the others all your desires and needs and synergize your various energies into a larger epiphany. "
sounds like your kind of class mongo :p

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by pr0nstar
Everyone is going to answer differently.

Especially the Lyst's of the board ;)

pr0nstar

You spelled that wrong.

My beloved and I have had threesomes with both friends and strangers. Each has they're appeal: with strangers youget that thrill of anonymity and spontenaity. Ok, well, there was spontenaity in our stranger case cause we had 'picked her up' so we didn't know this was going to happen: you wouldn't have that it you met your stranger thorugh a website for the express purpose of sexing, but the sleeping-with-a-stranger appeal is strong.

However, with friends there's a certain comfortability level that allows for the really good kind of sex where you don't worry about the sound of your queef/how they like your body/etc. It also allows for future return engagements, like I'm having this.... I'll rein back the TMI right here.

Having a comfy occasional fuckbuddy threesome relationship with a mutual friend is turning out to be a very rewarding experience for me. I think we're all very careful to only do this every couple of months, though we hang out with other mutual friends often, as we don't want it to turn into a threesome relationship, and of course you never want any sex to get routine. Threesome sex, being that extra level of specialness, can be had that extra level less often.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
the "what if..." questions are too insane to think of when bringing a GF/BF into this situation...If I were to take part in one, I would be a suingle guy who found a girl who has a friend or vice versa...it would be a bad move IMO to bring a loved one into it because the possibilities are too much to handle after it's said and done...it's a major risk is what im saying

I guess it depends on the relationship. I've never had a bad experience.

GET IT HOOCH GET IT

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata
However, with friends there's a certain comfortability level that allows for the really good kind of sex where you don't worry about the sound of your queef/how they like your body/etc. It also allows for future return engagements, like I'm having this.... I'll rein back the TMI right here.

Yeppers.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
for me personally, it has totally worked well with my boyfriend.
its also fun to do as a single with another couple, and also as a single with two other singles.
i've never had any weirdness with the folks i've had these encounters with.
its all about your own headspace and the headspace of the folks you choose to hang out with (and thus make out with).

as for being 'normal', i would say that tribe is pretty congruent with the NOW readership, so i wouldnt be surprised to see alot of overlap. that doesn't make us NORMAL though! haha

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr

And in what area of life do 'what if' questions NOT snowball into insanity?

I've had a lot of threesomes in my life, in varying forms of relationshipness, and only in one case was there any awkwardness after, and we're still friends now so there was no permanent damage.

Edit: I totally forgot My very veyr first threesome whan I was 16 (non-penetrative) had some terrible repercussions. The lesson from that, however, has nothing to do with threesomes and everything to do with not letting anyone find out you're into girls at all when you're in high school in a small northern redneck town.

Last edited: