• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dear women of the guy's stuff forum

Stan

TRIBE Member
I'm not saying that all girls can't cook, but the ones who can are pretty rare these days. If you're a girl who actually knows how to cook, then that's awesome. But you're in the minority. People in general don't cook at home enough and are eating out far too often, relying on shitty fast food and if they do eat at home, it's preprocessed crap. I'm guilty of this, too, sometimes as I don't have enough time to cook properly. But I do know how to cook more than campbell's soup chicken if the need arises.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
p.s. I see what you did there, deevah, turning the complaints against silly women thread into a how the man cooks thread.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I actually do agree wtih you guys. Not many of my friends are married yet but the ones who are married, don't do the cooking. There husbands do.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Lysistrata said:
i kind of weant to invite stan and rajio over for dinner justy to show them a woman can cook, but a) they'd probably just bitch about the lack of meat and b) stan already thinks i'm not a woman anyway.

Well we know SOME women can cook but definitely not the majority of them. Thats all I'm saying. Survey your ladyfriends. Remind them that soup on chicken doesn't count. Furthermore nobody is saying that a woman's job is to be cooking. We're just saying that we like food. Food is generally produced by cooking. Most eligible women can't.

I actually know more than one woman who can't even make kraft dinner (not that that counts as cooking either)

deevah

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
p.s. I see what you did there, deevah, turning the complaints against silly women thread into a how the man cooks thread.

or it's my plan to flush out all the vocal male complainers, have them demonstrate their *snicker* "cooking" abilities that extend beyond a metal spoon and lighter, identify them to a group of emotionally and mentally unstable girls in the 20-25 age range, make some popcorn and profit.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
cooking is fun. i love to cook, and make dinner for people. if i had it my way, i would cook for people every weekend. my best friends cook for me almost every time i go to kitchener, and the same when they come here.

also, new recipes are too much fun, trying new things and ingrediants make your taste buds explode. i have a scrap book of recipes i have collected over the years.

i cook alot for myself, and bring leftovers for lunch. soup, chili, roasts, casseroles, etc. are my favourite things to do. you have to love the time it takes to make a good meal, and i don't even mind doing the dishes after. but i like to work on the dishes when stuff is cooking.

every once and awhile throwing a can of soup over chicken is okay... i'm the first one to admit that sometimes you need a quick meal, and that shouldn't be an issue.

some people just don't like, or have the time to cook. it can also be hard to cook for one person unless you have a giant tupperware collection.

if you guys want a girl who can cook, you should follow one around at the grocery store, fruit market or the butcher.

oh, and the man bbq's. i like my eyebrows.

Stan

TRIBE Member
Next thing you know, the Guy's Stuff Forum bathroom is gonna get filled with 20 billion bath products, gels, foot scrubs and loofahs.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Dear women of the guy's stuff forum,

Please cook for me. I am neither Stan nor Boss Hogg.

Love, Raj.