1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dear Jessica Stein and Embrace

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kyfe, Jul 27, 2010.

1. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Could you please stop fucking sending me facebook messages every day and filling my box with individual messages about every single fucking party you guys promote.

I'd figure by now you'd have come to your senses and maybe send out a monthly message with your updates like every other fucking promoter does who has many events going on at the same time.

anyway as much as I'd like to know about Embrace events I've been forced to remove them because of this blatant abuse.

Love

Kyfe

2. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Anyone sending me more than 2 messages a week are auto-block and delete.

And then there's that guy Boa Curfino (YES I AM NAMING HIM).

If he adds you on Facebook don't accept. He is compiling lists of friends, I think he has about 10-15000 in total.

He advertises on random event walls saying he will promote your party by spamming his massive address book.

3. Matt Carl

Matt Carl TRIBE Member

embrace is the worst for getting these facebook promo whores to make their own event listings for all the same events

make them admins, so i don't have to click 'NO' 30 times for Time festival, m'kay?! is that so hard?!?!

4. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Kind of makes you miss the days of the "flyer gauntlet"

5. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

at least i could say no thanks and it's cool. what I miss is when everyone used to wear flyers around their neck of every party they had been to. that was so rave cool

Embrace is one of the better promoters in the city in terms of talent etc. which is why I joined their group. But letting a little club kid fill your followers accounts with numerous amounts of spam daily is just a tad overboard and for any organization a bit unethical.

I hope whoever comes across this thread had enough sense to tell this chick to come up with some original and balanced promo tactics.

6. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

I try adding all the random people that send me msgs and invites. I figure when the time comes i'll repay in kind with some events i'm at..

and the cycle of hatred and spamming continues!

7. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

Why didn't you tell her yourself? Tad passive-aggressive, unsubscribing then posting your beef on a message board, non?

8. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

This method is more entertaining.

9. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

Agreed, this Jessica Stein is the worst. Monthly announcements are fine, and if I want to know what Embrace is up to, I'll go to their facebook group. I don't need to be invited to every single event you put on, and really, it looks bad on Embrace for spamming. Yeah, it's time to leave the Embrace group.

10. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

she is posturing to become the next social media guru.

(now i am going to spam thunder with daily cottage invites)

11. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

her plan has worked flawlessly...now she has a thread about her and the company on Tribe! FREE PROMO!!!!!! Keep talkin' about it!!

12. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

awesome I love cottage invites.

13. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

^^ brap bridap

best jungle events in the city

14. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I really want to hear what you have to say about the issue and how they don't bring in enough Detroit Techno. And another thing, it's people like you who say things like this that have turned this place into a wasteland, this is a music/ mortgage/house/baby/classifieds message board, this discussion makes perfect sense here!

This has gone on for a good year if not longer. Do you really think I'm the first one to complain about this? Plus I do not know this person from Flynn so I'm not confronting her about something that should have never happened in the first place had Embrace monitored their promoters and how they do business, By joining that group I allowed Embrace to send me messages not some chick.

15. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

you put up with that for a year before deleting her ?

16. WestsideWax

Next thing you know, he'll be trying to pin the Lindbergh Baby incident and climate change on me as well.

(for the record, I didn't kill the Lindbergh Baby - that would have been Bill's doing)

17. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

your jokes would be funnier if they appealed to the current generation
    [​IMG]

18. WestsideWax

Or to anyone with a half decent sense of history.

Or the ability to use Google.

19. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

20. WestsideWax

[​IMG]

I claim full responsibilty - someone call the cyberpolice.

21. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

[sarcastic face] THANKS KYFE [/sarcastic face]

Not only do I have to suffer the barage of event invites on fb, they're now up on tribe.

jerk.

22. slim charles

slim charles TRIBE Member

My favourite is when there are multiple admins of an event and they all decide to send a message about their party. I think one night I received more than eight emails in a row alerting to me one particular event... annoying

23. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

;)

I have yet to read your review of the double header but I am looking forward to it, I heard it was pretty special