• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dealing with stress...

angelsole

TRIBE Member
how do you deal with your stress? i have been having trouble sleeping lately due to stress. i am looking for ways to decrease my stress and get some sleep at night. any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

mingster

TRIBE Member
deep breathing practice is the best thing i have found for when i can't get to sleep because of what's on my mind.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Mongo works out. But thats not for everyone.

If all else fails Sex, ultimate stress relief.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Sleeping at night is a chore for me too. Too much on my mind.

I find that milk really does help. It does relax you.
I also go outside. I take a breather and have a smoke outside alone at 3 AM every night before bed. Or just go out with a cd player and listen to a great slow song and watch the stars for a bit. Sing along and reflect.

Watching tv helps some people. Reading a magazine or book in bed is good too as long as it's not some suspense thriller. Read a Maclean's in bed. That will get you all sleepy for sure. :)

Take a bath too with some essential oils. But don't go heavy on them because those can revitalize and keep you up. You may want to ask the seller which ones are good for inducing sleep.

Some people also take jogs around the block. It's too cold now and it wakes me up, I find.

I also deal with stress with a "I don't care" attitude. Because no matter how much I fuck something up, there will always be a next time. And if it's not a life or death thing, then what's the big deal? Why should I be stuck with this schedule when the world is infinite? It just doesn't make sense to care so much on your spare time about those things. Deal with them when you're doing them, I say.

Poot

TRIBE Member
1) Address the source of the stress to mitigate and/or eliminate, if possible. (Ha. An ideal situation, I know- not realistic)

2) UNTIL THEN - I always need to move around... be active. Most of my stress comes from work (where I sit on my ass all day) so going for a hard run, or anything that lets me move around (preferably outdoors) and break a sweat helps immensely.

(you will probably find that pumping a bit more physical activity into your life helps you snooze more easily at night, too :) )

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
bang_head_here.gif

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dicksherwood69
what ChrisD and Half man said plus smoke weed

yeah, i kind of find that when i have shit on my mind, smoking a joint before bed and then trying to sleep IS LIKE THE WORST IDEA EVUR!

JMan

TRIBE Member
Don't think about whatever is giving you the stress... seriously, it only stresses you out because you think about it... only think about it when you need to, not compulsively. Try and catch yourself when you do think about it.

J

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
what ChrisD and Half man said plus smoke weed

I find that when I'm really stressed out weed has a shitty effect on me - it just makes me anxious and unable to sleep.

I've gotten much better at dealing with stress but some days at work get pretty out of control. So on those days I just cancel whatever I had planned to do that night if it's possible, and get on my couch with a blanket and do absolutely nothing. Just relax and zone out with a book or a movie.

With other kinds of stresses (ie. non-work-related) I've just recently been able to talk myself out of freaking out about something when I'm worried about it. I read a bit of 'Feeling Good' and the stuff on dealing with anxiety really stuck with me.

aCro`

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JMan
Don't think about whatever is giving you the stress... seriously, it only stresses you out because you think about it... only think about it when you need to, not compulsively. Try and catch yourself when you do think about it.

J

NEVER WORKS!!!

Trying not to think about something only makes u think about it more. It always happens to me, i try not to think about something, then i have to keep in mind not to think about it, then i'm like "what am i trying to not think about? oh.... right..... :/ "

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
yeah, i kind of find that when i have shit on my mind, smoking a joint before bed and then trying to sleep IS LIKE THE WORST IDEA EVUR!

for me if I blaze maybe an hour or two before bed, chill or do something I like, then crash when the comedown kicks in I get a solid 8 hours with NO DREAMS which for me is the key to dealing with stress cuz my dreams are always affected by my reality.

mingster

TRIBE Member
for me if I blaze maybe an hour or two before bed, chill or do something I like, then crash when the comedown kicks in I get a solid 8 hours with NO DREAMS which for me is the key to dealing with stress cuz my dreams are always affected by my reality.

yes, this works for me sometimes too.

going to bed stoned though, is a bad idea.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I just smoked 2 butts, back to back.

I haven't had a cig while sober, let alone at work, back to back.

still stressed though!