• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DeadMau5 - Jaded

T

TRIBE Member
Every once in a while, a tune passes by that really grabs me.

I cant stop playing this, production on it is so lush, the transitions are so smooth. This tune is BRILLIANT.

I wasnt a massive fan of Deadmau5's more electro'ish sound, but i really like this direction.

you can hear it on his site, www.deadmau5.com

dg0425

TRIBE Member
yeah its definitely lush. my fav is not exactly. He's got a talent and I was really into his sound for a while but allot of his tracks sound a little similar. I guess he was smart and capitalized on the success of that sound. Can't fault him but when anyone gets big as fast as he did you have to wonder if we'll still be playing/buying his stuff in a year or two.

I'm reminded of how steve angello became so big overnight. Then he suddenly had a bunch of tracks out around the same time. Seems he managed to pull it off and make a career out of it. Him and Sebastian Ingrosso were pretty impressive at Labour of Love.

Ho5eR

TRIBE Member
It all depends on where the trend in music will go. He already has capitalized on the current trend. I find his music is very well produced in my opinion and is crisp and properly equalized. I have a feeling to where the scene is going, as I have had in the past. He just has to realize where it is going like everyone else.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
It all depends on where the trend in music will go. He already has capitalized on the current trend. I find his music is very well produced in my opinion and is crisp and properly equalized. I have a feeling to where the scene is going, as I have had in the past. He just has to realize where it is going like everyone else.
I don't agree with the "He already has capitalized on the current trend" comment because he set the trend and developed his own sound.

Ho5eR

TRIBE Member
I don't agree with the "He already has capitalized on the current trend" comment because he set the trend and developed his own sound.
On second thought, I have to agree with you. All he does is just perfectly equalize every sound and believe me I haven't heard any crisper sounds in all of my life. That is where he has set the trend, and also by covering almost all of the genres. That way he draws a larger crowd.

Ho5eR

TRIBE Member
oh come on, how about a hint ?
I'm not going to reveal that here. That would ruin the suspense of what is yet to be. I did reveal what was going to happen years ago to Deadmau5 himself.
As you can see he listened well. That is another story all on its own.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
I'm not going to reveal that here. That would ruin the suspense of what is yet to be. I did reveal what was going to happen years ago to Deadmau5 himself.
As you can see he listened well. That is another story all on its own.
i anxiously await mucho shoutouts to the all wise Ho5er on his next album.

Atomic Hooligan posted a pic of a rack of clearance priced Deadmau5 shirts somewhere ( walmart, zellers, who knows ) on FB.
that seemed to tick Joel off.

Last edited:

Ho5eR

TRIBE Member
i anxiously await mucho shoutouts to the all wise Ho5er on his next album.

Atomic Hooligan posted a pic of a rack of clearance priced Deadmau5 shirts somewhere ( walmart, zellers, who knows ) on FB.
that seemed to tick Joel off.
I don't think I will be releasing anything soon for some time. I'm just finally starting to learn how to use fruity loops and reason. Something I should have started years ago, but then again, I never really knew what I wanted to do with my life either. I find it kind of interesting how I can see into other peoples futures but usually not my own. The one thing that sucks about this foresight is that I've seen my friends die ahead of time, which has happened numerous times. I can't tell them that they were going to either, cause they wouldn't believe me and they wouldn't be living their life to its full potential too. After all, if you knew when you were going to die, life wouldn't be as fun as it normally would. I guess that's what people with cancer go through.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
I don't think I will be releasing anything soon for some time. I'm just finally starting to learn how to use fruity loops and reason. Something I should have started years ago, but then again, I never really knew what I wanted to do with my life either. I find it kind of interesting how I can see into other peoples futures but usually not my own. The one thing that sucks about this foresight is that I've seen my friends die ahead of time, which has happened numerous times. I can't tell them that they were going to either, cause they wouldn't believe me and they wouldn't be living their life to its full potential too. After all, if you knew when you were going to die, life wouldn't be as fun as it normally would. I guess that's what people with cancer go through.
i was talking about Joel giving you credit, or at least mad props, and then you get to hang with Tommy Lee, for being the inspiration behind the 2 songs you were so influential with.

Ho5eR

TRIBE Member
Mad props would be nice although its not what I really want. I just want to be at an event to see what its like behind the booth with the crowd going wild as he busts some of his pounding tracks. And to see if he actually remembers that night.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
all that discussion yesterday and noone thought to link this thread in the other thread? its a good thing im stalking BBJ which is how I found this!!!

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
"Progressive House" is neither progressive, or House.

DeadMouse is a fuckin' smarmy twat too. I hope his track fails miserably and he's forced to learn a little humility.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
his track ?
have you seen the set up he travels with ?
he's as successful as any other electronica act out there right now.
he's not going anywhere soon.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
his track ?
have you seen the set up he travels with ?
he's as successful as any other electronica act out there right now.
he's not going anywhere soon.

I would argue that he's waaaaaay more successful then 99.9999% of the acts out there.

Whether people like him or not, he's up there with the likes of Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, Underworld and Tiesto now. He's billed as the main headliner on the mainstages of massive festivals all over the world. On a side note, his cube and latest head were designed by the same guys that did the Pyramid for Daft Punk.

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
I have actually met the man on more than one ocassion. he's a first rate cunt.

before he was uber famous btw.

Last edited: