• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dead Milkmen bass player commits suicide

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Dead Milkmen bass player commits suicide
Mar. 12, 2004. 01:00 AM

NEW YORK—Dave Blood, bassist for defunct Philadelphia rock act the Dead Milkmen, committed suicide Wednesday, according to a post by his sister on the band's official message board (http://deadmilkmen.com).

In a subsequent post, Milkmen drummer Dean Clean confirmed the news.

"This morning Dave Blood is no longer with us," wrote Blood's sister, Kathy. "David is my brother. Since the breakup of the band David has never really found his niche in life. My brother was a smart, clever and talented person. Inner peace has seemed to elude him for the last many years. Sometime last night David chose to end his life. He left a note that I don't know all of what it said but he said he just could not stand to go on any longer."

A memorial service will be held in southeastern Pennsylvania soon, with details to be announced.

Reuters/Billboard

--------------------------------

Okay it was an obscure band from the 90's. But having posted they're lyrics probably more often than any others and knowing many other fans on this board I felt I would post it.

I can't count the amount of time I spent learning this guys bass lines. I have no musical ability but I can play the bass lines to 4 songs, he wrote 2 of them.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

chooch

TRIBE Member
we used to listen to these guys alla time!

hope he is driving a bitchin' camaro all over heaven

RIP:(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
read that yesterday

RIP

it's been a weird week for celeb deaths - Paul Winfield (great black actor, voice of City Confidential on A&E), Robert Pastorelli (scruffy looking guy from Murphy Brown

kat

TRIBE Member
i got the news this morning

that really sucks.. :(

i miss them..even though i was like 10 when they were popular

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kerouacdude
read that yesterday

RIP

it's been a weird week for celeb deaths - Paul Winfield (great black actor, voice of City Confidential on A&E), Robert Pastorelli (scruffy looking guy from Murphy Brown

NOT MY PAUL WINFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know this!

oh man. I fucking love that show, and I love his voice!
RIP guys:(

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
i have always thought that suicide is the only way to escape the beast. Well you really have to want to stop. If you just want something different then I guess you might go somewhere else.

?

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
OMG, this seriously pulls the tear strings for me. Nothing reminds me of my youth, more than "Big Lizard In My Backyard". That cassette got so much play, it's not even funny. Then "Beelzebub" came along, and took it to another level.
This is something I'll be thinking about all day.
RIP Dave, thanks for all the memories. I'm putting in some DM right now.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm sorry, why the rolly eyes? It was an honest question, I wasn't denigrating you for getting the name wrong, I just remembered it differently and wondered about it.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
more suicide news :(

this guy was funny, real sardonic and bitter...i remember seeing him stand up on one of the talk shows late 80's...i also remember seeing him on People's Court squabbling with his girlfriend.

RIP

Death Of 'Saturday Night Live' Comic Ruled Suicide
Sather Reportedly Distraught Over Marital Separation

POSTED: 5:32 pm PST March 5, 2004

LOS ANGELES -- The shooting death of a 44-year-old stand-up comedian,
who appeared on "Saturday Night Live" and was a writer on the movie
"Zoolander," was ruled a suicide, a coroner's official reported Friday.

Drake J. Sather, who was apparently despondent over his separation from
his wife and four children, shot himself in the head about midnight on
Wednesday, said Craig Harvey of the coroner's office.

The shooting occurred in a downtown loft -- at 1001 E. First St. -- and
was not reported until Thursday, Harvey said.

Sather lived by himself, and none of his family members were present at
the time of the shooting, Harvey said.