• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dead actor more famous than Drake

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Toronto rapper magazine cover dropped in favor of image of Philip Seymour Hoffman

Toronto rapper Drake has lashed out against Rolling Stone after the magazine took away his cover story to pay tribute to late actor Philip Seymour Hoffman.

The 27-year-old also took issue with an uncomfirmed excerpt from the rock magazine circulating the Internet in which he criticized the lyrics to a recent Kanye West song.

Via Twitter, Drake said that he "never commented" on West's album "Yeezus" during his Rolling Stone interview.

He also said "all respect due" to Hoffman but that the mag took his cover from him last minute and still ran the interview.

Drake had already made headlines for a Rolling Stone excerpt in which the "Started From the Bottom" hitmaker criticized Seattle pop-rapper Macklemore for publishing the conciliatory text he sent to Kendrick Lamar after winning best rap album at the Grammys.

Drake, who was also nominated in the category, called Macklemore's behaviour "wack" and suggested he could have sent apologetic texts to everyone else nominated in the category as well.

But in Thursday's Twitter rant, the Grammy winner condemned the media in general.

"I'm done doing interviews for magazines," wrote Drake, calling the press "evil."

"I just want to give my music to the people. That's the only way my message gets across accurately."

(from cbc)
Drake slams Rolling Stone for putting Hoffman on cover - Toronto - CBC News

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
Toronto rapper magazine cover dropped in favor of image of Philip Seymour Hoffman

Toronto rapper Drake has lashed out against Rolling Stone after the magazine took away his cover story to pay tribute to late actor Philip Seymour Hoffman.

The 27-year-old also took issue with an uncomfirmed excerpt from the rock magazine circulating the Internet in which he criticized the lyrics to a recent Kanye West song.

Via Twitter, Drake said that he "never commented" on West's album "Yeezus" during his Rolling Stone interview.

He also said "all respect due" to Hoffman but that the mag took his cover from him last minute and still ran the interview.

Drake had already made headlines for a Rolling Stone excerpt in which the "Started From the Bottom" hitmaker criticized Seattle pop-rapper Macklemore for publishing the conciliatory text he sent to Kendrick Lamar after winning best rap album at the Grammys.

Drake, who was also nominated in the category, called Macklemore's behaviour "wack" and suggested he could have sent apologetic texts to everyone else nominated in the category as well.

But in Thursday's Twitter rant, the Grammy winner condemned the media in general.

"I'm done doing interviews for magazines," wrote Drake, calling the press "evil."

"I just want to give my music to the people. That's the only way my message gets across accurately."

(from cbc)
Drake slams Rolling Stone for putting Hoffman on cover - Toronto - CBC News
Great that means we don't have to listen to your whiney ass anymore! :p

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I kind of respected Drake right up until this.

What the fuck?

Oh you didn't get the COVER of Rolling Stone? How terrible, you poor thing.

How dare Rolling Stone give the cover to a massively respected actor who died suddenly, rather than an article on the entirely overexposed Drake?

The article is still in the fucking magazine, just not the cover piece, so dumb.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Don't care about any of thing. Just really want to see a celebrate boxing match between Deadmau5 and Justin Bieber. If the Biebs declines the drag race challenge mau5 made to him, please take it to the ring! ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
In the boxing match between Justin Bieber vs. deadmau5 I would still root for the Biebs. I hate deadmau5 more than the Biebs! LOL Also, I would put money on Justin because he even trained a bit with Mike Tyson and took some pointers from him when they met.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Maui

TRIBE Member
Don't care about any of thing. Just really want to see a celebrate boxing match between Deadmau5 and Justin Bieber. If the Biebs declines the drag race challenge mau5 made to him, please take it to the ring! ;)
Dude if your dying to see girls fight, there are lots of video's on youtube now.

My crap this morning was bigger than Drake.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
"I once again apologize to everybody who took my cover comments the wrong way"

that you're an ego-driven, self-centered douche?

acheron

TRIBE Member
Says a lot about the music business's opinion of Rolling Stone's journalistic "integrity" if Drake thought he would have control over when a story about him would be featured in the magazine.

Was I the only one not shocked by this?
It sure sounds like something a princess from Forest Hill would say.
People were pretty shocked when Christian Bale was ranting at a Director of Photography while they were filming Terminator: Salvation.

If Batman can be an asshole from time to time, why can't a member of Degrassi's alumni?

It's off. Not happening.

DMX would kick Zimmerman's fucking ass and perform a Mortal Kombat worthy fatality. A man who's lost his mind has nothing else to lose - Zimmerman I think recognized that.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Trayvon's family in charge of the charity that was to receive 100% of the fights proceeds turned down the money.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Guess it's back to the shitty paintings then.

I was sure this guy was going to vaporize even quicker than Casey Anthony did but he seems hellbent on keeping his name in the news, by any means necessary.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
It's off. Not happening.

DMX would kick Zimmerman's fucking ass and perform a Mortal Kombat worthy fatality. A man who's lost his mind has nothing else to lose - Zimmerman I think recognized that.
DMX is a middle-aged crackhead. I think your impression of his current fighting abilities is being clouded by memories of some jacked rapper from the 90's. There was a very good chance DMX was losing that fight.

Dude.

DMX- he crazy.

Crazy gives you an edge in any fight.

Plus you see Zimmerman lately? He ain't exactly on the Subway diet. Plus he claims he was getting his ass kicked by a teenager half his size - hence why he started blasting.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders