• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

De La Soul @ Mod Club

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Free tshirts, free drinks, free party..

I am hurtin' today at work but it was worth it. That was a killer good time. WORST staff ever, worst layout for a club, worst sound system..

But De La Soul totally killed it. I was dying.

And fuck, there were so many hot guys there. Hip hop is where it's at. I am never going to 5ive ever again.

We had the drunken hipster-hatin' cru gwan.

Anyone else get invited to this? If you didn't go, you missed out on a stellar show.

Going to post pics and a proper review when I ain't so wrecked.

But thanks to Dan for such a good time. I owe you one for sure.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kmac

TRIBE Member
It was a FUN, unexpected evening! Good show, as I wasn't sure if they'd just do a few songs and split, but they didn't.

Not a bad crowd for a "private" party either. You never really know with these kinds of things if it'll just be a bunch of suits standing around but the heads were in full force.

Hot guys ahoy!

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
fuck sakes!! totally wanted to hit this up and forgot all about it. ended staying in and watching two boring blowout nba playoff games instead. grrrrr. not so exciting.

guess i'll just have to catch them when they roll thourhg for the jazz fest this summer (harbourfront) which should be a dope jam at a great venue.

d

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
fun times!! good music. toooo many drinks.

I liked the venue, but the bathrooms are a bitch to get to. it's easier to just go uptsairs.

love my shirt and other free stuff. thanks Dose!

IMGP0548.jpg

IMGP0552.jpg

IMGP0570.jpg

IMGP0572.jpg

IMGP0575.jpg

IMGP0581.jpg

IMGP0586.jpg

IMGP0587.jpg

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
Good times, Thanks Dan.
De La Soul kicked it and it was so nice to see them in such an intimate venue and vibe. At times it felt like 3 friends bustin rhymes in your living room. Mike Relm was crazy insane and it was too bad people left right after De La Soul cause his show was nuts. He was scratching, beat juggling, and cutting some interesting stuff on Dvd, Cd and vinyl. I think my favourite party was scratching Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song concert video.

Good seeing some people I haven't seen in a while.

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
^^ TOTALLY! he was brutal.

This was a fantastic night out! Wasnt a huge fan of Team Canada but they did keep people interested. De La Soul were great! I got the feeling that maceo was runnin the show as he definately had the most energy. Great to hear buddy rollerskate jam Me myself and I, I really wanted to hear "Whats more", "say no go" and "Baseball" but no luck.
I cant believe how many people left after de la soul and missed mike relm. He is Mat the alien meets z-trip. Unbelievable scratching and technically a genius. Love that bjork routine he does.

All in all a fantastic wed night out and a hurtin thurs 8 am meeting at work. Thanks to Dan and Dose for hosting this incredible jam and congrats on the one year!

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
upstairs by the girls washroom.. GREAT bartender.. managed to get a huge crush on her.. fuckin hot and adorable. best combo

Tony Bandana

TRIBE Promoter
wow De La..

I'll ever forget when I first heard 3 Feet.

one of my all time faves....I still have some old 12" records of theirs . Say No Go Rmx probably sticks out the most.

:D

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Tony Bandana said:
wow De La..

I'll ever forget when I first heard 3 Feet.

one of my all time faves....I still have some old 12" records of theirs . Say No Go Rmx probably sticks out the most.

:D

jennifer o jenny...!!!!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Big League Chu said:
Specially that dude in the corner bar with the hat on.

I give him our tickets and thought "I gotta tip him good cuz we're getting free booze."

I go "Can I have a Corona please?" And he goes "no, Heiny" and immediately opens two. I don't even like Heiny.

So I order shots and he doesn't do it. Then he stares at me like "what the fuck do you want?"

So I repeat my order and he gets us a Jager and a tequila. No lemon, no salt. So I said "can I get a lemon?" He looked annoyed and says "no lemon." ...... "Okay.. well, I'll take one of those limes then..." Annoyed look again. Then he grabs it with his hands, squishes it in his palm and hands it to me. When I slammed my shot thingy back down after doing it, I knocked over my beer. Haha. He really HATED me after that.

I didn't tip that fucker and went upstairs for beer. Even the side bartenders were better.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
so what kind of T-shirt did you get?...de la?

saw them at DEMF years back and they blew everybody away!

(PSSST...they'll be back in june for the jazz fest;))