1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

de la soul @ dundas square

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by basketballjones, Jun 21, 2010.

1. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

saw a lot of friends, drank some over priced beers, but i was there for de la soul
    i said to my brother if they drop saturday the roller skating jam, i would be mucho happy, and if they also dropped ring ring ring...my night would be complete

they dropped both and interacted with the crowd like nobodies business!!

fucking stellar show
  2. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

great show! Kid Sister took a bit to get into but was pretty solid in the end.

but De La played a great set list with a lot of tunes that I wanted to hear and even a few I really didnt think they'd perform that were sick. and yeah the Roller Skating Jam Named Saturday into Me Myself and I was awesome.
    great wrap up to an awesome weekend!
  3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

took the wife, ran into the usual suspects and some old faces I haven't seen in a while. I really wanted to see kid sister but it was kind of like hip hop karaoke but they put on a good performance.

De La were excellent and for free what you really cannot complain, I just wished they had events like this every weekend at the square. it was filled and the crowd was in good spirits.
  4. OutcastTO

OutcastTO TRIBE Member

Good times!
  5. derek

derek TRIBE Member

arrived towards the end of kid sister, and was impressed. the whole booty thing ain't my steeze, but she does it well.

de la soul delivered. they know how to hype the crowd.

i echo the sentiment that y&d square needs more concerts like this.
  6. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

yeah they were ON last night! Too bad they couldn't play any longer - De La have so many classics in their library.

First time I heard "Pass the Plugs" live, that was a treat and sounded great

other songs played:

Potholes in my Lawn
    Me Myself and I
    Rollerskating Jam named Saturday
    The Grind Date
    Stakes is High
    Ring Ring Ring
    Ego Trippin

no Say No Go unfortunately
  7. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

so much fun
  8. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

i was hoping they would drop jenifa taught me
  9. OutcastTO

OutcastTO TRIBE Member

10. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Arrived in time to catch the end of PHCB's set and unfortunately the crowd was pretty lame. The band was givin it all they got but didn't garner too much of a reaction from those who were there.

Filled up a little bit for Kid Sister's set, and yeah she does her thing and is great at it. Her DJ (not sure who it was), played a short set of house/electro which was fun.

Couldn't wait around for DLS unfortunately but when I had left there was a considerable sized crowd there.

More shows in the future for sure!
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010