• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

(de-koze etc. on the water)

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Holy shizzle that was some awesome times, de-koze ripped that boat a new a-hole and rocked the freakin' crowd, for serious.

I'm not really into progressive but once in awhile it just blows me away. My head is still spinning and I'm supposed to work in 4 hours... think it'll be a "sick day" for me... yikes! :)

Good job promoters.

(too bad about the folks that couldn't get on the boat though, even with tickets. :O They got their money back but I think that aspect has to be more organized next time)

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
Amigos Boat Cruise. Manzone & Strong, Deko-ze and some other guy who got the opening 10 minutes set while everyone was still in the parking lot.
I still don't see how anything these Zone guys play is prog. prog is synth-y mainroom guv stuff, no? this shit is just silly dirty.
anyway, it was the highlight of the weekend for those who just don't understand Demi's popularity.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
Amigos Boat Cruise. Manzone & Strong, Deko-ze and some other guy who got the opening 10 minutes set while everyone was still in the parking lot.
I still don't see how anything these Zone guys play is prog. prog is synth-y mainroom guv stuff, no? this shit is just silly dirty.
anyway, it was the highlight of the weekend for those who just don't understand Demi's popularity.
I don't think there's one genre that would accurately describe the music throughout the day, but progressive house seems like the closest match to me. I'm more into soulfull deep house so to me that was actually pretty synth-y, in a good way. Dirty was indeed the theme of the night though!:D

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
JAR said:
what was the name of the event? who else was DJing?

boat cruise say wha??
You'd of loved it JAR, it was on the Enterprise boat which I'm pretty sure you've been on. There should be a couple more after you come back... lets do it up!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Addy, Deko-ze, Manzone & Strong, Sydney Blu etc... really have their own sound in my opinion. It's jacking dirty house, they combine house, tribal, progressive and electro and play it all pitched up around 135 BPM. Go elsewhere in the world and they'd probably classify it as hard house. Sure each of them tends to lean more towards a specific genre but overall I'd classify it as the Toronto sound. It's extremely popular in Toronto and they've all done very well with it.

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
coleridge said:
Addy, Deko-ze, Manzone & Strong, Sydney Blu etc... really have their own sound in my opinion. It's jacking dirty house, they combine house, tribal, progressive and electro and play it all pitched up around 135 BPM. Go elsewhere in the world and they'd probably classify it as hard house. Sure each of them tends to lean more towards a specific genre but overall I'd classify it as the Toronto sound. It's extremely popular in Toronto and they've all done very well with it.

well put. I've been saying a version of that for years.

nawberry

TRIBE Member
This was the highlight of my action-packed birthday weekend.
I have never had a bad time, or even a bad moment, on an Amigo’s cruise.

For me the highlight was Manzone and Strong’s set, their smooth flowy style is ideal for an afternoon on a boat laden with…cruise going types, which for some strange reason collectively are unlike any other group that I have seen at any club.

I wish the Amigo’s cruise took over the Rochester to Toronto route, if they did I would land a job in Rochester just so that I would have the daily Amigo’s cruise commute.

And BTW I call that type of music “Pepsi House” but that is solely for marketing reasons.

Kinger

TRIBE Member
I went on the cruise with Nawberry and DG0425 but for some reason they are not in my pics. Here are some that I have anyways.

My shirt stayed on for at least the first hour.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Joe Seven said:
You'd of loved it JAR, it was on the Enterprise boat which I'm pretty sure you've been on. There should be a couple more after you come back... lets do it up!

done and done!

Maui

TRIBE Member
I always figured I would get sea sick, so I've never been on a cruise. Always looks like such fun though.

dg0425

TRIBE Member
Kinger actually showed up with a jacket and a shirt.

It was definitely fun. I remember getting on the cruise but I don't remember it ever leaving the dock and then suddenly we were back and it was over. It was definitely a fun crowd. I walked into the washroom and there were more girls in there than dudes.

Unfortunatley Kinger made the mistake of introducing me to Manzone and I had another embarrassing conversation with a Toronto DJ.

Me: man, i remember once at the zone you played this record that I have, you know the one that goes, doo chi chi doo.
Manzone: uhhhhh, no. (he takes a step away)
Me: yeah, its from you know,,,, uh the denver crew
Manzone: no, sorry i don't know (now he's scanning the crowd for a way to get away from Mr. Sketchy)
Me: (not letting him get away so easily) yeah, now i remember, it's like one of the guys that ty tek does some stuff with on dirty blue but its not dirty blue and its not ty tek. you know the one...
Manzone: sorry man i don't know what you're talking about.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
hahahaha thats great. Thats kind of like my talk with sydney Blu @ the gallery Sun...
Blu: Hey how's it going!
Me: (staring off into space) um good.
Blu: what djs did you see?
Me: i'm not really sure? All of them?
Blu: hmmmm okay
Me: You played a really good set thanks for putting us on your list
Blu: I haven't played yet.
Me: um ya i gotta go.

grit

TRIBE Member
kinda strange how most people are wearin touques, jackets, and sweatshirts, then there's the one topless muscle guy? hmmmm.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Maui said:
I always figured I would get sea sick, so I've never been on a cruise. Always looks like such fun though.
When I first walked on the boat I thought that might happen to me too... the floor was "rolling" and it felt pretty strange. I don't know if the boat levels out while in motion, or if I just adapted to it, but either way I stopped noticing it pretty quickly. Coulda been all the jumping around too. :)

dg0425

TRIBE Member
Imagine what would become of certain "venues" in toronto if that boat sank. Just like certain companies don't allow their entire executive team to fly or travel together that group of partiers should not be on the same boat. It would single handedly wipe out Fridays at Footwork, Saturdays at Gallery, Sundays at the "Venue", and any night at Film.

undercover_girl

TRIBE Member
dg0425 said:
Imagine what would become of certain "venues" in toronto if that boat sank. Just like certain companies don't allow their entire executive team to fly or travel together that group of partiers should not be on the same boat. It would single handedly wipe out Fridays at Footwork, Saturdays at Gallery, Sundays at the "Venue", and any night at Film.
Ha ha :D So true!

Sad I missed it this year...