• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

David Morales at Sonic on Pride

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i arrived around 4:45 or 5am with Hali who promptly decided that $30 was too rich for his blood. i was WASTED, sat down at the back of the club, and fell asleep.

yup! i slept off and on for 2 HOURS. i woke up and thought - Maria, you didn't spend $30 on cover to fall asleep on Pride. my legs were jello and i thought i was going to puke. i walked around a bit and decided to ingest one of those funky little pills the kids seem to enjoy from time to time.

the music was what i'd expected at Pride, and the proggy-darker stuff he actually did play on the streets sounds sooooooooo much better on the soundsystem at Sonic.

everything sounds better on the soundsystem at Sonic.

i danced like crazy, have a faint recollection of making out with someone (if you can prove it, i can't agree or deny), i apparently grinded on the dancefloor with my roommate's boyfriend. i always seem to get into this kind of trouble. next time i decide to do drugs, someone remind me not to get wasted first. i can never remember anything!

it was über weird to step out for my first smoke of the night - it was light out!! wasn't expecting that! talked to a ton of people, introduced and re-introduced myself. wait. i seem to remember the particularly pretty boys getting bitten on the tummies. it wasn't me. :O :p

my roommate's crazy and i love him to bits. he walked around in the nun outfits again, but replaced me with another girl -- i wasn't much up for it.

the sunshine hitting us at 10am was soooooooooo nice. hit the dancefloor for a bit even though my legs were officially dunzo and decided to leave after i heard "here i am" (Kaskade remix) on the Sonic speakers.

no epiphane, but a hella tons of fun. left at 11ish after a txt from DaveHill saying, "come on England! where are you?" world cup called. Morales played every remix and every track he ever worked on. didn't catch any of the stage performances, so i can't comment.

bummed i fell asleep and didn't catch any of Sundays activities. slept like 15 hours yesterday. booooooooooo. t'wasn't meant to be.

CAN'T WAIT FOR FARINA ON AUGUST 6th!!!!! :O

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
slave2da dncflr said:
oh dear Maria. how the hell do you fall asleep at Sonic?
ahem: first, i'm too damaged for weeee's.
second, i love homos and their friends. i love sonic. sonic will muchly damage me in the coming years. Cheers! here's to all the insanity yet to come!

How to fall asleep at Sonic: a few easy steps

1) get drunk at Tempo, celebrating Pride, the greatness of techno, awesome friends,and all other good things in this universe, including how hot Sarah Mixington is in heels.
2) go to another party and get drunker. (When Dave Hill left the Glenn Underground party HE was looking broken, so imagine how wrecked the rest of us were with our normal livers and our non-English blood.)
3) arrive at Sonic barely able to stand. stumble your way around the room and find a seat in the back.
4) sit down. lean head back.
5) think that maybe you'll feel better if you take your pill now. feel the wave of nausea as you feel the cap break open and realize the contents of your stomach are nothing but alcohol, greasy mexican sneaky dee's you had for breakfast at 11am and a slice of pizza you had for dinner. this isn't good.
6) close your eyes and breathe deeply, avoiding the pukage you feel is imminent although quickly scouring the room with your eyes to see potential puke spots. (there were none. there was no way i could've made it to a bathroom, so i'd just like to thank the big G for keepin an eye out for me and my stomach contents and the other partiers who didn't need to see me give it up.)
7) listen to the music to keep your mind off your stomach. feel the dizzy in your head, the numbness of your legs,and give in to the darkness of your body not being able to handle all the crazy. (TADA!!!) ps - i don't recommend you "give in to the darkness" if you've been doing insane amounts of narcotics. don't die because i told you to give in. this would make me feel bad. thanks.

8) get woken up from time to time by concerned partiers. (awwww!) (thanks to the bouncers for not being pricks! i love you guys!! so nice!!)
9) check the time and realize that you've been sleeping for an hour or two. make the executive decision to get your ass up and tell yourself to get with it.

i'm glad i came to my senses. perhaps i sobered up a bit. (errrrrm) got a Gatorade (for $8) but it was too sweet. got a bottle of water and made my way to the dancefloor. rock to the roll babies.

i've been sleeping at parties since the beginning of time. slept at Industry, slept at raves all around Montreal, slept at Aria, Stereo, slept at System (but after a while the bouncers started kicking me awake and not letting me sleep, so i just started leaving earlier, which sucks)... ain't nothin like the 5-6am party-nap. beats are dreamy. seriously, i was dreamin some crazy shit. my brain amuses me greatly. that is all.

one day, when i have my own club, it'll have a nap-room. :) mmm naps.

Adopted

TRIBE Member
my love.... you are officially crazy.... you had told me stories of this kind of thing happening in Montreal... and now... you bring your sleeping tricks to the clubs of TO... crazy... but i too almost feel asleep on the bean bags at Boa last year... so i guess i have absorbed some of your craziness....

HOWEVER, i do not approve of you making out with strange boys... PICK YOURSELF UP SOLDIER! you may get goober-disease....! :O

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
don't worry, i only make-out with the pretty ones. they're pretty goober/cootie-free. at least, that's what i tell myself.

those i didn't kiss, i bit.
hubba
hubba

grit

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
i arrived around 4:45 or 5am with Hali who promptly decided that $30 was too rich for his blood. i was WASTED, sat down at the back of the club, and fell asleep.

/QUOTE]

that's what happens when ya try to keep up with hal.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
lol @ falling asleep at Sonic. I've taken a 2 hour nap at Stereo once before -- mind you, there seemed to be alot of people sleeping in corners at stereo that day (tail end of the 48 hour NYE marathon party)

Was tempted to check out Sonic, but at 6:30am and dead on my feet I decided I'd rather ave my energy for the street party at night.

lilnick

TRIBE Member
I took many pics of friends and random partiers but most are not postable due to "distorted facial expressions" and I will get shot if I put them up. ;)

Here's a few post worthy ones...

Morales @ 8:00am:

Screaming Gina:

Rommel:

Titi Galore:

Titi Galore:

The nuns @ 7:00am:

deevah

TRIBE Member
^ great pix
i love those queens...they've watched me grow up :)

i heard David was pretty pissed about the lighting - he had left explicit directions to not fuck around w/ the lighting and someone decided to put a sign above the booth effectively blocking the any light in. He had to find his records using a flashlight and they draped over the screen for the visuals.

i think i'll pop in to check him out @ the end of july

sam

TRIBE Member
grit said:
mariazmess said:
that's what happens when ya try to keep up with hal.
Man....I think I've learned that lesson a long time ago...haha.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
lilnick said:
I took many pics of friends and random partiers but most are not postable due to "distorted facial expressions" and I will get shot if I put them up. ;)
god bless you AND your sense of discernment. :cool:

BassQueen

TRIBE Member
lilnick said:
The nuns @ 7:00am:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

I should have never opened this thread. lol. :eek: :)

Oh and hats off to the girl who asked if I was a real nun. Just when you thought...:confused: